Author Topic: Amitriptyline & Gynecomastia :some Questions  (Read 4528 times)

Offline TsuTsu

Amitriptyline & Gynecomastia :some Questions
Hello

one of my enates ask me questions  because I'm studying Medicine , but I'm just a junior in it , and I want to benefit from your experiences .

The story has started when he started taking Amitriptyline 25 mg (25 mg per day) . But After one month he felt that he started getting Gynecomastia , although it is small and not very seen , but it was happened .

My question is :
1 - If he stopping the drug , Will the Gynecomastia retreat ? Will it go away completly ?
2 - How will he feel that the Gynecomastia is retreating ?
3 - How long will it take to retreat copmletly ?
4 - Is there any safe drug that he can take to reverse the Gynecomastia ?
5 - Will the sport benefit?
6 - is ther any possibility that Gynecomastia will continue even if he stop the drug ?

his Weight is 60 kg

thanks , waiting your advices .
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 02:21:01 PM by TsuTsu »

13genof

Check your text books it should state that medicine induced Gynecomastia almost always goes away with stoppage of the medicine causing it, you didn't state how long he had been on the med, or how severe his case was.  If he hasn't been on the drug long, and his case isn't severe he should have no Problem!  8)

Offline TsuTsu

Check your text books it should state that medicine induced Gynecomastia almost always goes away with stoppage of the medicine causing it, you didn't state how long he had been on the med, or how severe his case was.  If he hasn't been on the drug long, and his case isn't severe he should have no Problem!  8)
tanks 13genof ,

you didn't state how long he had been on the med
for about one month
how severe his case was.
It's not sevre , but for him it's not a normal thing m, especially that he plays many sports .

I really don't know what to say , he stopped the drug for about 2 week know , there is no recovery !

he read about tamoxifen 10MG , There are many men take it , and it'll not be fatal anyway .[/color]

but the question is how long it'll take to recovery ?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
TsuTsu...

Why are you 'Quoting' your original post?

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline TsuTsu

TsuTsu...

Why are you 'Quoting' your original post?

GB...
I'm sorry , an error , I wanted to edit smell to small

anyway he started taking Zitazonium 10 mg (Tamoxifin) , I'll tell you if it works and it's cheap too  :).
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 02:27:05 PM by TsuTsu »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Read the qualifier at the bottom of the ad.

It has not been evaluated and there is no proof of anything.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024