Author Topic: guy at park  (Read 6025 times)

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
I'm out of town for a few days.  

I will respond when I get home.

Offline boobhater22

• Bronze Member
Graham, you seemed like a nice guy, but now I am beginning to believe that are you are kind of a nutcase!

By the way, you did not successfully refute anything.

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
Why is everyone so defensive whenever Graham says something. He always backs up what he has to say, is very clear, and puts time into his posts. Give him a break. He's not a nutcase. He's very knowledgeable and with Hypo leaving, we need someone on the board like him to give us this info. I think he will be a worthy replacement.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2005, 01:39:59 PM by Blarneystoner »
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

Offline usernameX

• Gold Member
Yeah seriously...what the F*** is with all this disrespect toward Grahm? What the hell did he do that was so bad? Put up an argument with the almighty Hypo? Hypo is appearently "leaving". Didnt give an excuse but its obvious because of the heat with Grahm. Im on 3 other forums. A health and fitness forum and 2 other dog forums. People argue all the time. And im a moderator on one of the dog forums...we deal with alot of annoying venting and shit from other members.  but you dont see people leaving because of someone else do you? No, I dont. They suck it up continue participating. As much as everyone respects Hypo around here for being such a help to this board. He made the decision upon himself. Noone put a gun to his head. And Grahm shouldnt be blamed for it. If your really that sensitive to something then...well...you really have no life.

Jc, sorry to hi jack your post.
Had surgery with Dr. J.C. Fielding on August 2nd.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
While I'm a bit late to weigh in on this one, There is something in the original post that no one seems to have noticed.

The guy had surgery at the age of 13!

At that age, there was a good chance that there would be resolution without any intervention.  In short, there is probably a very good chance that he had surgery needlessly.

Did no one else see that?
Grandpa Dan

Offline usernameX

• Gold Member
What do you mean Paw? The gyno would of corrected itself?

I definitly agree 13 is too young to have an operation. But I sure as hell wouldnt count on it correcting itself. My brother tells me he had it and all my other cousins had it too and I asked him about it he said it would corect itself. But they just had chests cause they were fat, not because they had gyno. And even on this very board there are tons of people who are way past their developing years and still suffering from it. My hopes for it to correct itself have just died out. Hopefully I will be calling my PS tomorow:)

Think everyone is too caught up in this little debate they didnt see it.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2005, 02:10:14 PM by usernameX »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Gynecomastia is common in the newborn and it usually resolves within the first year of life.  

Again in puberty, gynecomastia is common.  How common is the subject of debate.  The most acceptable figure in my mind is a frequency of about 65%  or 2/3 of all boys.  Again it is common for it to resolve.  There are again lots of different opinions as to how good the odds are of self resolution;  Which is why surgery is usually not recommended until it can be established that the young man is through puberty.  

Late in life, when age causes a slowdown in Testosterone, Gynecomastia is again common though this time it is not even remotely likely that it will resolve.

Of Elderly men in nursing homes, the number of men with Gynecomastia again rises to about 2/3 of all men.

The percentages of self resolution in infancy would seem to be near 100%.. In old age, near nil..
The number of young men who have self resolution in or after puberty is questionable.  Reliable information must exist somewhere, but most of the information I have seen has some degree of bias built in.  I have seen the numbers estimated as high as 90% having self resolution,  Which I disregard completely.  I've also seen a report that said more than half of the boys with Gynecomastia would have it self resolve;  This may be believeable.

It runs in my family, This is not uncommon.  The men have well contoured (though small) feminine breasts and the women of the family all have very large breasts.

Your most important tool is information.  Talk to your Dad, If he had it but it went away;  You might expect the same thing.   If your mother has a brother, find out what his history can reveal.   Ditto with your grandparents.  

You are not in the least odd,  This condition is more normal than many people think.  

Keep a good attitude and hope your parents provided you with all the right genes.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024