Author Topic: How long do puffy nipples take to disappear?  (Read 10827 times)

Offline Woogy

After pubertal onset gynecomastia ends, that is.

I've recently (in about half of a year) lost 70lbs and I'm now around 15% Body Fat. My gynecomastia is ... well. It's nearly completely gone. There is very little (smaller than a marble) tissue left behind either nipple and my chest is perfectly flat and toned. My nipples, however, still puff out.

I still have some growing to do, but how long should I expect to wait for the puffyness to disappear? It's not horrible, just kind of embarassing, and I know a lot of other people have it a lot worse.

Thanks for your help!

Offline b

• Posting Member
I have the same question :)

I have pubertal gynecomastia too, since i was 15 (19 now) and only my left side.

My chest is flat, but my left nipple is puffy.

The last weeks its looking a bit better

But what are the symptoms of pubertal gyno if its going away? Colorchange of the skin? Strange feeling in the chest? (or something like that)

And how long will it take? Is it gone in a day/week/month?

Offline rcbrown23

These questions are almost impossible it answer. It could vary SO much from one person to the next that there is no "right" answer.

I would say that if the nips are still there and you've completey finished going through puberty, then they're there to stay. If they've lasted for more than 2-3 years...in my opinion, they're not going anywhere.

Offline Woogy

Well, my ribs are there, but I'm definitely not done going through puberty (no facial hair, etc.)

I can always hope.

Offline Spleen

75% resolve in 2 years and 90% resolve within 3 years of onset.  Overwhelmingly the chances are  that it's going away on its own.  Still, that's not all that helpful if you're the one in ten.  Still, sounds like you can deal just fine.  Give it time.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Woogy, You left out the most critical piece of information to give an intelligent answer.  How old are you?

rcbrown23 and Spleen both gave excellent answers in spite of the shortage of information.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Woogy

I am sixteen years old.

Edit: I began noticing my gynecomastia about a year ago, with soreness of the glands.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2005, 08:16:33 PM by Woogy »

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Since you lost the weight, it's obviously not a weight issue.  

At 16, read Spleen's post again, it's right on the money.  Sucks right now, but there's good chance it'll go away.

Worst case scenario, you have it a few more years, get surgery and are free by your 21st birthday.  Lucky son of a gun.  :)

Surgery is still a few years off.  If you want to do something right now, go see an endocrinologist who speciaizes in reproductive endocrinology.  Maybe you can get it treated TODAY with meds and won't have to wait 4 years for surgery.  

Wouldn't that be great? :D

« Last Edit: June 16, 2005, 09:08:15 AM by jc71 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024