Author Topic: IGF-1 and gyno  (Read 5763 times)

Offline turtle78

• Posting Member
Without getting into the full details of my situation.....

I've been seeing an endo for about 7 months.  I'm a medical mystery right now.

My testosterone was VERY low.  I'm 31 and my levels were between 74-250. 

LH/FSH = levels are fine

Estrodial = levels are fine

This is where it gets confusing.....

My IGF-1 levels have been 355 and 360.  HIGH!!  My endo (very well known endo in DC) says this may be an error because my Growth Hormone is normal, .1  Under 1 is normal.  Normally IGF-1 and GH go hand in hand.  One is high, both are high, same with low.

My question......could the IGF-1 level which is high, finally be what is causing this???  I have fairly mild gyne at this point.  Right side is worse than left.

Anyone else have the high IGF-1 issue?  And if so, what was the solution?  Medication?  I'm fully aware that the gland won't go away, but I'd love to get this under control.

Offline NIN0808

• Posting Member
Do you drink a lot of poison? .......I mean MILK?

Offline turtle78

• Posting Member
The only milk I drink is from a bowl of cereal every morning....as of yesterday I stopped.

Offline NIN0808

• Posting Member
the point I wanted to make, is the IGF-1 that is shot into the cow  can & will affect humans.

Offline turtle78

• Posting Member
Thanks

I've been reading that more and more.  It's always something.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
the point I wanted to make, is the IGF-1 that is shot into the cow  can & will affect humans.

Yup, we just don't know what is being pumped into our food supply...  :(

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
high IGF can be a contributor, but you'd probably need higher estrogen/progesterone in combo with the high IGF to grow the glands. high IGF in itself shouldn't cause gynecomastia.

how long have your levels been high? have you had any issues with blood sugar? with high IGF, you should be able to build muscle pretty easily and keep fat to a minimum.  probably wanna get that TEST boosted to give you a more favorable androgen:estrogen ratio and have the doc check prolactin/pregesterone and thyroid

Offline turtle78

• Posting Member
My IGF-1 was first tested about 4 weeks ago.  How long they've been high before that, I don't know.  I had 2 labs done and they were both mid - high 300's with normal no higher than 250.  I just had it tested again at a different lab.

My glucose was originally tested about 7 months ago.  My glucose was a bit high, 105.  I had the OGTT 2 hour test done, that came out fine.  I also increased my excercise regimine and lost about 25 lbs.  That brought my glucose down to about 80.

My estradiol is 19.  Range is 13-54

Offline turtle78

• Posting Member
Had my IGF-1 tested again.  It was even higher 445.  That's not good.  My results came in but endo was off today.  I can't see anything online.  Does anyone happen to know if there are meds to lower your IGF-1?  I'm not positive it's the cause of my gyne but it sure as heck may be contributing at these levels.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024