Author Topic: TERRIRFIED AND PETRIFIED  (Read 2377 times)

Offline vineet

• Posting Member

I had the gyne removed on Monday and since then had not removed any of the bandages as instructed by my doctor (who seemed faily experienced with this type of surgery). I had a harrowing experience during and after the surgery (which is a different story altogether).

Now here is what happened. Today was the second day post surgery had to take my first bath so went in and removed all the bandages leaving only the transparent tape on the nipples. My left nipple has some blood but otherwise seemed fine. My right nipple though has quite a lot of blood and there seems to be a tear at the lower part of the nipple and it hurts there.

Just spoke to my doctor who said it was impossible for the stiches to tear and not to worry as everything is fine. What happens next now?

I so scared now that I am close to having a heart attack now. And yes I cant lift my arms above shoulder height either. Please help me out guys.

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
Uh, what are you afraid of?
Surgery completed. Mission accomplished!
2/6/09. Dr. Karidis, UK.

Offline vineet

• Posting Member
My right nipple though has quite a lot of blood and there seems to be a tear at the lower part of the nipple and it hurts there.

I think my stiches are torn and my right nipple looks terrible. Its all bloodied and mashed up with a large tear at the bottom.

Offline as400

• Silver Member
I too had an amount of blood under my nipple immediately after surgery. This is totally normal. Remove the plasters wash gently and I doubt you will see any more.

Not being able to fully lift your arms is also totally normal and to be expected. Nobody can straight after surgery. Gentle stretching over the next couple of weeks will sort that out very quickly.

What you have described is perfectly normal and nothing to be worried about.

Before you criticise a man walk a mile in his shoes, after that who cares? your a mile away and have his shoes.

Offline mrpower33

• Silver Member
Can't you go back in and have the doctor look at it???

Offline thetodd

also your not meant to have a bath mate, their waterproof bandages but they are not designed to be submerged in water either shower or flannel wash! seriously dont get the incision points wet like that

Also, youve had your nipples cut if they it takes alot of force to tear skin dont worry! trying to lift your arms over your head will not be helping the wounds. Relax and recover and stop panicking

EDIT: just seen your using transparent tape this seems like a really bad idea to me, it might lead to infection laying in dirty bath water. Get someone to get you some waterproof bandages so you can shower/wash etc
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 05:57:30 PM by thetodd »
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

GynO_DuDe

I know how you feel. When I removed my bandages after my initial surgery I was bottling it because my body looked mutilated although after healing it looks really good ... but the shock factor is quite a lot to handle.

That tear seems like your cuts probably wet and open a tiny bit, hence it stings ... what i'd do personally do is try and get it to dry up and DEFINITELY not get it wet. Got a hair dryer? gently blow air on a low setting trying to dry the cut up so if it does happen to be slightly open, a scab starts forming ...

Offline unsure101

• Bronze Member
my incision came open aslo.. i kept it clean... didnt practice my over head slam or do star jumps... kept it dry and it healed 100% in my eyes.

Offline vineet

• Posting Member
Thanks for that guys....now i feel much better.. Still am gonna go to the doc today to have a word. Will let you know what she says.

Offline vineet

• Posting Member
Ok. Just came back from the Hospital. They told me everything is fine and cleaned up the wound and put in new bandages. All stitches are fine and the healing is going excellent I have been told. Will be wearing a compression vest for the next 15 days (mine was a very minor thingy but still very life-destroying). So alls well. But I swear there was a big gash under the nipple yesterday but today its gone. Strange but very good  ;D

I have been following this forum for the past 1 year before I got the courage to go under the knife. Its amazing what you guys are doing here. Helping other people to overcome what could easily be the worst thing in their lives. Just like me I am sure there are thousands of others who keep following this forums. Thanks to all of you here. And please keep up your good work here.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024