Author Topic: What's the difference between a guy with gyno and a hermaphrodite/transexual?  (Read 5871 times)

Offline revolver

• Posting Member
Okay, this is not meant as a joke/insult but if you have a penis along with mammary glands than do you still qualify as male? why and why not?

Offline CodySockeye

• Silver Member
  • i-raq

Offline revolver

• Posting Member
Wait a second... you mean there's people out there with a penis AND vagina?

I thought it was only penis + boobs.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Contrary to common opinion, the breast is NOT a sex organ.

The males of all species of mamals have rudimentary breasts. In some there is a greater degree of developement but they are still otherwise normal males.

A hermaphrodite would by definition have both male and female genitalia.

The terms "Transexual" and "Transgender" would seem to be more than a little bit confusing. As I understand these terms, they relate to persons who have a gender self image that is opposite to their physical sex and who are seeking to modify their bodies to fit with their self image.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
Yes there are people out there with both.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermaphrodite

Wait a second... you mean there's people out there with a penis AND vagina?

I thought it was only penis + boobs.

Offline Redman88

• Posting Member
I remember being 12 or 13 years old and being asked by a younger boy whether i was a girl or a boy, it caused so much confusion for me at the time but be sure we are 100% male, we are men with a medical condition, do you think a woman who loses her breasts to cancer is any less of a woman?
Surgery booked for July 27th 2009, can't wait!

Offline goingoingonegyno

• Posting Member
Sure, there are people out there with both ...

but never cite Wikipedia. It's like an automatic failing grade  ;)

Offline Tiffany

• Posting Member
  There are indeed those who are born with both male and female sex organs. Typically doctors make the necessary changes the parent feels appropriate at birth. Some of those later find out and many aren't happy with the sex their parents chose for them.
  A good place to read more is at gaychristian.net where they have posted about it.
  Transgendered and transsexual people are those who feel they have the wrong body for their gender. Things like being a male in a female body and a female in a male body.
  A good place to get insight about how they feel is Susan's transgender forums.
  I hope this helps.
  Tiff
It's too easy to get on a "woe is me" kick.
Life is too good in other ways.
If I can't poke fun of myself I sure would be pathetic.

Offline frozen

• Bronze Member
Massive difference :/

Transexuals usually are so because of thier own personal choice. Hermaphrodites are born the way they are. Gyne isn't something we choose and we're not born looking this way, it's something that develops over time.

All men have "gland" in thier breast, just like women.

Also, gyne isn't something that defines your gender in any way, shape or form! Whilst our moobs may resemble that of some females they are anatomically different - for starters we can't produce milk!

Seriously!  ::)
Had surgery with Dr. Karidis (London, UK) on 23rd July. Wearing tight t-shirts and looking forward to going swimming!

My experience so far & updates:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=18200.msg126755#msg126755

Pictures:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=18539.msg127741#msg127741

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
I think I read men can depending on the hormones.  The plumbing is there (gland and ducts), just need the hormones to make it work.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
If the right, or wrong depending on your attitude, hormones are present; a man can produce milk. Some pituitary tumors can cause this for example. That said, I think most of the stories about men actually nursing babies are exagerations to some degree. The stories get told and retold over and again as well making the phenomina seem much more common than it is in reality. Even in men with profoundly enlarged breasts the milk producing glands are simply not usually sufficiently developed to provide a really significant amount of milk.

Offline BadCaseGyno

• Bronze Member
Lol that's like asking "What's the difference between a guy with gyno and a monkey?" It makes no sense.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024