Author Topic: Surgery now or later?  (Read 2488 times)

Offline cm18

• Posting Member
I want to get the surgery done but should I try to lose 15-20 more pounds?  I used to weight 220. now I'm about 175-180lbs

Is it better to lose the weight now then get the surgery? or get the surgery done then worry about losing it?

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
in general it's best to weigh less, but you're more than good where you are.  the real guys who have to worry are north of maybe 240.  and if the doc wants to do any manipulation of fat tissue, he'll at least have something less to work with. 

of course i'm assuming your height is somewhere around 6 feet as opposed to 4'9 ;) 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline cm18

• Posting Member
I'm around 5'6 (1.69 m)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The one person on earth who is most concerned about the outcome of your surgery is you.

To obtain the best possible results from your surgery, You should present yourself to the surgeon in the best condition possible. That would presumeably include being at a stable appropriate weight.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
The main thing with weight is people think that because there's fat content in gyne tissue that it can go away.  the body however treats it like a woman's tatas and says i have to keep this on for biological use, so any fat loss will come off somewhere else.  lots of posters here have lost big poundage and been disappointed because of this. 

As we all know, loosing weight will not make G go away. So... what is the point of getting oneself down to a negative BMI prior to surgery? The G (gland and adipose tissue) will still be there.

The real guys who have to worry are north of maybe 240.

Exactly!!!  If one is very obese, then sure, it would be beneficial to drop a few for health reasons alone.

If you are within a fairly healthy weight range, then I'd say Git'er Done my man!!!  ;)

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline cm18

• Posting Member
here are some pics, my stomach is probably a little bit bigger now than in these pics

Offline Revelation

• Posting Member
  • Trapped!
Too much fat there,

I say lose the fat, you'll feel more confident about yourself, Gyne won't go, but it will get reduced in size along with the rest of your body.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024