Author Topic: Scars  (Read 7849 times)

DrBermant

about removing scars?
better check this out.

http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/web_links_folder/scar_web.html

If the surgeon is skilled, and you take good care of the healing wound (keeping it clean and out of direct sunlight) for 3-6 months, then that should be all that is necessary...  ;)

GB...

Leaving healing to chance is one option.  Actually, Second Stage Compression Garments and Scar Care can make quite a bit of a difference.  I used to tell my patients that I could see the scar for all of my gynecomastia patients.  Now I find quite a few whose scars are so refined, I cannot see them.  This has been happening even in revision surgeries where I am replacing one of my scars for another surgeon.  We have always recommended scar care.  Although it is possible my skills have improved, my guess is that the added second stage compression has caused the improvement.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline radio

• Bronze Member
Dr. Bermant, can you tell me more about the 2nd stage compression garments? At what duration post-op are these worn? I was instructed to wear my primary, or main, post-op compression garment for 3 weeks following surgery.

Thanks.

DrBermant

Dr. Bermant, can you tell me more about the 2nd stage compression garments? At what duration post-op are these worn? I was instructed to wear my primary, or main, post-op compression garment for 3 weeks following surgery.

Thanks.

Each patient has his own healing speed. I prefer to individualize the timing for my patients depending on many factors.  Once a scar is soft, and it does not feel better with the garment on than off, the second stage has no further use.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024