Author Topic: Scar tissue  (Read 2529 times)

Offline another_case

• Bronze Member
Hi all,

Please could anyone who has had scar tissue revision surgery let me know a) where they had it done and b) how much it cost please. I had surgery with Dr. Benito last year in February and I have developed small lumps of scar tissue behind my areola area on both sides. Dr. Benito is happy to remove it with a local anaesthetic in Barcelona at a cost of £850 but was wondering what it would cost to do it with someone in this country, ideally Karidis?

Thanks

Offline thetodd

At a guess id be imaging it would be 4 grand with karidis, i cant imagine levick being much different

Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline creative

• Bronze Member
At a guess id be imaging it would be 4 grand with karidis, i cant imagine levick being much different

£4k for Scar Revision?  :o

Offline thetodd

Id reckon so mate, it seems 4k for everything. The hospital fees for StJohns are like £1400 then youve got the anesthesia the bills dont forget karidis's 2ish grand. Its not measured in severity of the case is measued in the time taken/people involved

Offline kingboob

Depends how bad it is I guess........ if it is very minor and can be done as day surgery under local then it would be a lot cheaper.

But basically hospital fees are like 1600 ish... plus 400 or so for the anesthesia (general), Plus the surgeons fee which is going to be £1500 to 2k....

Some surgeons bump up the price when doing revisions of OTHER surgeons work.... the higher risk of complications, more scar tissue to work with and the chance of needing revision revisions all come in to play.

Offline another_case

• Bronze Member
Thanks for replies, it is a local anaesthetic procedure apparently. Looks like I'll be sticking with Benito then!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024