Author Topic: So its coming back......  (Read 12482 times)

Offline EatingCake

• Posting Member
How rare is it for gynecomastia to even comeback, you would have to be hell unlucky for that to happen...

I saw an endocronologist before I went to a plastic surgeon, fact is he referred me to get the operation done, I saw him a year before the operation and he was telling me that it may go away in a year, saw him a year later and he said surgery is the only option. So in essence, my endocrinologist would of ruled out any hormonal imbalance way before he opted for me to get surgery right?

I know this is clearly someone elses topic, and not trying to hijack it, but a simple answer back would be appreciated. Tia
op pictures: - 12th of December 2009 surgery
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=19668.0

Offline dave2009

• Bronze Member
As a registered psychiatric nurse I think you have your attitude spot on regarding this.

I have the moobs myself and am due for my mastectomy within the next two weeks.

I've always been aware of not letting this thing over rule me and I haven't let it.

Although I will be elated if my surgery is successful, if I couldn't have surgery and had to live with my moobs for good I would just accept that fact. Life really is too short to get so down about something that you can't change immediately. I do think some people almost get body dysmorphic over this, which ain't helpful to anyone.

Fact is your operation was a great success and, like I said earlier mate, you look amazing. You see guys like you on Men's Health magazine etc! I SO wish I had no belly like you, but where do you stop, if I had the money I'm sure I'd end up like Michael Jackson  LOL.

My surgeon said yesterday that once the breast tissue is removed, as long as there isn't severe weight gain, all things should be fine.

Don't worry, be happy!!  :)

I'm sorry I thought you were referring to the surgeon.  My insurance is paying, but the fact is I paid for my surgery and if my hormones aren't properly corrected I wasted my money, time, and my sanity.  The endo is Ketan Goswami of North Atlanta Endo.

And thank you for all of the comments guys.  It has been a long hard road from being chubby with gyne in HS to now 2 years later.  Let me tell you that I have changed my life sooo much within the last year people from HS have trouble recognizing me, and my attitude towards life.  I'm happier now than I have ever been, but I got down lately because of what I thought might be my gyne coming back.  I still hope that everything is fixable and/or not problematic.  But for now I keep my chin up and take life on a day to day basis.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 04:07:00 PM by dave2009 »

Offline GoldenGate

• Bronze Member
  • Don't worry, be happy!
Dave,

That was a great reply!
If the worst health issue you face is only an aesthetic one - remember it is just that. You can fix it with surgery, or hide it, or deal with it. The bottom line - we are all battling something that shouldn't stop us from missing out on life and living how we want to. Everyone should be so lucky!

Offline dave2009

• Bronze Member
Ah thanks! I do try!!

anonymous1

Thanks so much everyone, and especially Dave for the reply. I greatly appreciate your perspective and time.  Back from the endo and I have some good/bad numbers to report.  In May I was tested for testosterone only through my GP.  I was never told the actual number just that my testosterone was low.  IT WAS FREAKING 160 ng/dcL.  Practically non-existent.  I still think I have low levels of FSH and LH, both are a little above 3, which my endo said was normal.  Might get a second opinion.  Good thing is my testosterone spiked to 866.  Now that I think about it, that might have had to do with being with a girl the night before and getting blood pulled at 8am after that.  I tried searching for levels of FSH and LH in men, but couldn't find much, anybody have some ideas on that?

And here is a progress pic, I am now wholly convinced it is just scar tissue.  Might as well pack on some more muscle to distract the eyes ;)

Offline Jan1010

• Posting Member
What supplements are you taking? It is entirely possible you are taking something that is causing it that is not technically a "steroid" but can still cause it.  Do you take any medications or use any drugs?  If you are not comfortable saying this on the thread leave your email in a reply and I'll be happy to chat with you.

Peace

Offline teslacoil

• Posting Member
I just started a thread in the general discussion forum about getting back into lifting/exercise after surgery. You seem to be in great shape, you have any recommendations for types of workouts post surgery? What did you do?

Offline WaitAMin

• Posting Member
great results man, how much did the surgery run you in atl

anonymous1

I take zero supplements.  Anything I get in my diet comes from the all natural, lean food I eat. If you are trying to get in shape, lose fat, while building muscle I HIGHLY suggest crossfit.com.  I design my own workout based on things I have learned from that site, but they have a daily workout posted on their site.  More than likely you'll end up throwing up trying the workouts, I mean shit I threw up after my workout the other day that was 5 rounds of 20 pullups 30 pushups 40 situps and 50 body squats.  The workouts are meant to be kept in fast succession with little/no rest to keep the heart pumping, fat burning, and muscle building.

Surgery was right at 4700

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
for what it's worth, i'm the guy who always sees the minor cases others miss on this photos board, and just going by that pic i think you look great.  you know it better than anyone else by what you can feel there, but i really wouldn't worry unless it got significantly worse, and i think you might well be right it's just scar tissue.  also, as lazy as i am, with a build like that i'd be happy wouldn't bother with a gym for a long time again  ;)
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline EatingCake

• Posting Member
That's the problem, you workout and after you have that body you have to maintain it, but after all that work to get it, maintenance would be nothing and more of a treat. Relaxed, I know that when I workout more then not and really push myself I feel much better, after the operation when I couldn't goto the gym for like 3 weeks I was pretty depressed.

anonymous1

I just started a thread in the general discussion forum about getting back into lifting/exercise after surgery. You seem to be in great shape, you have any recommendations for types of workouts post surgery? What did you do?

This is the advice I gave to Eatingcake via PM, I figured I'd copy it here for anyone else that cares to take a look.

"The real thing I'd have to say is dedication to the program.  I was just like you, a hard gainer, until I tried this program

http://www.ast-ss.com/maxot.php

I gained 7lbs of straight muscle in 8 weeks, which may not seem like much but as lean as I was it was definitely noticeable.  Now I am trying to cut down to under 8% body fat so I am on a routine that inspires muscle building and fat loss, crossfit.  If you go to crossfit.com they post a daily workout.  These workouts are meant to be hard for even the most elite athletes so guys like us have to either lessen the weight or rounds completed, etc.

I live on my own now, but when I lived with my parents I would eat whatever and was quite chubby. One good rule to live by when it comes to nutrition is stay away from anything on the inside aisles of the store.  More than likely it has a shit ton of artificial hormones, lots of sugar, fat(the unhealthy kind), and high fructose corn syrup which is even worse.  First thing is to cut out any fast food and sodas.  Drink water, milk, and natural juices when you are thirsty.  Good carb sources need to come from whole grain/wheat products.  White rice, white bread, white pasta, etc has too much starch and your body will keep using that to store fat.  Get a good variety of veggies in every meal.  The right amount of seasoning, a little olive oil, and a pan can go a long way in making a nutritious and tasty meal, it just takes a little effort to keep up with it.  I do have a cheat meal every once in a while, but every meal that you make yourself will be one step closer and one less bad meal. 

I take in about 120-160g of protein a day, just depending on what meals I am making for the day.  Good natural sources of protein are unsalted/unsweetened nuts(especially almonds), beans, wheat products, oatmeal, peanut butter, eggs, milk, cottage cheese and all kinds of meats.  I try to stick with more lean white meats though."

Offline teslacoil

• Posting Member
Interesting, ill definitely give these regimes a try. Did you do any aerobic type exercise as well, like jogging or anything, or was this intense enough that it's not necessary. I like jogging and usually run a few times a week, but I feel like it kind of negates any gains i make. ( my main goal is to gain weight, im 6 ft 140 lbs). What is your opinion on that?

anonymous1

Last year I got up to runnning almost 50 miles a week, but I was also trying to lose weight. Now if I could do it again I wouldn't do long distance, but short distance sprints.  My research (of other's research obviously) on this shows that long distance, low intensity cardio lowers testosterone considerably, therefore not letting you be able to put on weight.  Keep the cardio hard and short, intense rowing, heavy bag training(my personal fav), sprints, etc.  Plus crossfit has runs/sprints/rowing thrown in at least once a week, but really the workouts keep your heart pumping so hard during them that you'll feel the fastest improvements doing the intense type circuit training, but if you are trying to gain weight I would def try out max-ot.  Very scientific, not the end all, be all, like it claims, but its full of useful info and it helped me put on weight.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 09:44:44 PM by anonymous1 »

Offline Jan1010

• Posting Member
yo boss was just wondering how long did it take for your swelling to totally subside?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024