Author Topic: Would SmartLipo and Gland Removal be enough?  (Read 9019 times)

Offline jakeyboy08

• Silver Member
    • https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=22534.0
But a few grand is hard to come by :(
I know they could do it themselves thats why i will be going to see one of the consultance and i will be looking into what you said viewing photo's e.c.t.
The only reason i believe nobody knows alot about companys like this is because they dont think smartlipo with gland removal will help so they opt for the full blown cut remove e.c.t.
If im happy with everything i will have this surgery done, if they mess it up i will take them to the small claims court or somewere else, what ever is relievent.

Thanks,
Jake
GYNECOMASTIA FREE SINCE: 11/04/2011

TO VIEW MY EXPERIENCE OF SURGERY WITH BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES PLEASE USE THE LINK BELOW

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
But a few grand is hard to come by :(
I know they could do it themselves thats why i will be going to see one of the consultance and i will be looking into what you said viewing photo's e.c.t.
The only reason i believe nobody knows alot about companys like this is because they dont think smartlipo with gland removal will help so they opt for the full blown cut remove e.c.t.
If im happy with everything i will have this surgery done

i agree with u a few grand is hard to come by  but thetodd has made some valid points and unfortunately he is right where there has been people on here complaints about only using a lipo surgery without making excision.

good luck to you tho and make sure u look into before and afters

Offline thetodd

Plastic surgery is a huge business, and these company's are formed to basically forced people into getting substandard surgery. The "consultants" are just sales people and usually have hardly any medical training (if any) but plenty of sales spiel. Their job is to convince you to get the surgery at whatever cost.

The main problem with smartlipo (especially on gyne) is that its a pretty new type of procedure and if the surgeon is inexperienced your just left with an uneven surface. On stomach areas it will look bad (where its usually done) but not terrible. But on the chest area i really think the results could be horrific

Read this
http://www.cosmeticsurgerytoday.co.uk/features/view/10090/last-word-issue-two/

As for taking them to court, no chance!

When you go in for surgery you basically sign a clause signing your life away. They do not guarantee a good result at all and basically if your left disfigured you have no recourse. These clinics dont care about you, they care about your wallet and thats the same for  private surgery clinics across the board. You really have to do your best to choose the best surgeon/hospital and keep your fingers crossed.

Also they say "some cases require gland excision" but this is not a guarantee they will perform it. They will just not do it to save time/money youl get a bit of lipo and ushered out quickly as possible.

I seriously hope you reconsider it, ive seen some horror posts on here from bad surgery. And most of the time id say its irreversable!
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline jakeyboy08

• Silver Member
Yes i understand what your saying,
Just a quick question, would smartlipo get Rid of gynecomastia? not on its own with the gland excess removal.
Put the idea of bad surgery/inexperiance aside would it?
I have recently been confused, is it fat around the gland or tissue?
Cheers ;)

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
jakeyboy! i think what people are trying to say is there is loads of people on here unhappy with their results who have gone to good surgeons, who have read up about and took time seen  before and after shots etc.

so with smart lipo where there is no before and after shots on this forum, the surgeons are unheard of on here to. i went to a consultation where it felt as tho someone was trying to sell me a car. i didn believe one word he said to be honest,would u still want to risk it, to save some money?

i know money is hard to get but i have been on this site for awhile and have seen alot of things and most people who have had bad surgery still feel like they have now got to deal with a worse issue.

as thetodd said u sign a disclaimer. choose ur surgeon wisely ive lived with a gyne long enought id rather wait and pay more

good luck to u

Offline jakeyboy08

• Silver Member
I understand what your all saying this is why im now staying clear ;D  cheers you proberly just saved me lots of money,
I read alot of good reviews about a clinic in Poland i have recently got in touch with them and they quoted me 1300 This is the email;

Dear Jake,

Many thanks for your email. A Gynecomastia operation is a fairly
simple operation which can easily be arranged. The cost is 5000 zlotys
which currently equals 1110 pounds (or 6000 zlotys - currently 1340
pounds if liposuction is necessary as well as excision - note that the
Consultant Surgeon will probably be able to confirm no liposuction
after seeing the photos) approximately 23 pounds for Ultrasound and 34
pounds for blood tests unless you bring these with you. The price
includes both sides of the chest.

Usually patients arrive the night before an operation, so that the
next morning the ultrasound and blood tests can be arranged and the
operation will take place in the afternoon. You will stay one night at
the clinic and should really stay a minimum of 6 further nights in
- (giving a total of 8 nights in -). Stitches are
removed on the 7th day after the operation.

(Their company is called -)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They sound Good to me and had alot of good reviews but that leads me to think why are they soo much cheaper?
I wanted to have surgery done with Alex Karidis but they quoted me via email:

Dr. Karidis fee for a gynecomastia procedure is £2678 this includes Dr. Karidis theatre time the anaesthetist time and all your after care plus a hospital fee of £1483.

That over 4000GBP i would be able to have it done for at least 4years :o,
I have tried and tried again to get finance but being 19 with no credit history doesnt help :(,

Maybe the Forum should link up with a finance company that would help me so much :)

Cheers
Jake
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 08:00:10 PM by Forum Adm »

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
im glad u have changed ur mind jakeyboy! i know and understand what u are sayin about the money it is a pain to find. but unfortunately with gyne it has a tendancy to stick around for awhile. is there any family members who could help u out?

u are only young that is true so u might have a good job in the future where u will be able to get financing or save up more quickly. once u are earning u will find the banks will all of a sudden be beggin for u to get in debt.

i have been saving flat out for around a year. this means very few nights out, cuttin back on clothes and crap that i would of spent the money on.

as regaurds to poland! im not to sure about that either to be honest.

good luck to u

Offline jakeyboy08

• Silver Member
No one in my family knows to be honest ive kept it too myself and even if they did they would be able to help.

Yes i understand that but i want this gone asap its killing me :(

Even if i saved up it would take me around 3years to get that money.

Ive thought about it a dont realy want to travel outside the UK but in england its a rip off  >:(

Good luck to you aswell.

Jake

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
i know how u feel i want this gone to! but i doubt there is many people on this forum that can come up with 4k like that. there is only one way im afraid and that is probably goin to be to save up and work hard.

also u could try the nhs route in the mean time, i didnt have much luck with this to be honest. but some people have and have had some success. ur best bet is probably to see a dr first and see what he says thats the route i took. u also got to have ur blood test checks by a dr to find out if there is an underlying cause of u having gyncecomastia. i would say to do this first as even if u have the money or get accepted for surgery they wont do it if ur bloods arent right.

i know its horrible goin to the dr but in all honestly it isnt that bad and i personally think is should be ur first plan of attack.

Offline jakeyboy08

• Silver Member
Cheer for all the advice and help postiey,
Decided for now im going to go poland proberly in april once i have the funds together which is 1500ish maybe less including flight,hotel e.c.t.
I found these people a while ago and all i have heard is good reviews from people on here and other sites,
Do not what excuss im going to tell work/family why im going away for 8days to poland???
I wanted it done it the UK, but 1 i would be able to afoard it for years and i want it done asap its ruining my life tbh and i think this is the best option.

Thanks again,
Jake

Offline dtc78

• Posting Member
Hey there, not sure if this info is any use but i have gyno and having done limited research 18months ago naively went for smartlipo as it
seemed to offer the solution to my problems. It turns out it was the biggest waste of money ever,it has made zero difference to my chest,not 1mm smaller,when i questioned it they tried to sell me further surgery.

Look,having done a lot more research it is now clear that the only way to guarantee a result is to have gynocamastia surgery involving both gland and fat removal. Yes its costly,yes its going to leave bruising etc for a while but it will be worth it in the long run. I am going for my consultation with Dr. Karidis this friday. Havent a clue where i will get the 4k from but i will beg,borrow and steal to get this done!!

Offline jakeyboy08

• Silver Member
Cheers dtc78,
Thank i have already worked out from other members this is a con and would make a diffrence for me also,
Have you thought about poland? around 75% cheaper than the UK and alot of good reviews on here about it?

Offline thetodd

My view on getting surgery abroad is to avoid it at all costs, sometimes things go wrong in surgery and private clinics in general arent equiped to deal with it. People do die in anesthesia and luckily here you have the NHS backing you up and as much as people moan about them, if your in a critical condition the NHS is the best equipped in the world to deal with it. Whereas in poland i imagine the healthcare is pretty poor

Id rather you go to poland than have gone with that elysa company, but in my eyes its still a major risk and i certainley wouldnt be gambling with my life over a few years of saving. And what if your not happy with the surgery? going to travel back to poland for checkups/revisions?

People going in for surgery think, ok ive saved the money my surgery date is on XX goodbye gyne. Unfortuantley it doesnt work like that im still healing from my surgery back in May. Forget having it ready for holidays this year because it just aint happening.

Im sure your going to get it done, and without the wisdom of your parents stepping in and talking you out of it i can see you comming into some real trouble. But if anything does go wrong and you come back and read all that ive been telling you youl think " I wish i had waited and got the surgery in the UK. You havent got a serious case of gyne having a flat chest isnt going to have birds queing up and once youve had the surgery done youl realise that the majority of it was in your head

Talk about it with your parents, your an impressionable young lad you need somebody to read through the legal stuff and sort out finances for you. Honestly itl end in tears otherwise

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
hey jakeyboy to be honest with u i was thinking the same as thetodd i know it sounds harsh but it is straight to the point. i dont think surgery in poland is a good idea! u dont have a very big case so you should be looking for good results not just to save money.

u are very young and have time on ur side i am nearly ten years older than you and i have had to live with it awhile a mild case to! unfortunately most of the time in life the things we want we have to wait for.

i would suggest telling a family member to,this site is great but it will help u to talk to someone even if they dont like it. a family member is on ur side and will want you to be happy it will be out there and u can move on from it.

maybe try the nhs? some people have had good results from there and i think it would be alot safer than poland and some people have had it for free.

Offline jakeyboy08

• Silver Member
Thanks postiey and Thetodd, you 2 have been a great help,
I dont want to go to poland to be honest the only reason i have considered it was because of the price,
I want it done with that Alex bloke but 4000 :o it would take me around 3years although im on decent pay i just have so much going out at the moment my car insurence is 3000 Alone >:( And i would cancel it and sell the motor but this isnt an option at all to be honest plus the cars only worth around 1500 :D. Ill have to wait untill i get 1years no claim's this year and go from their, if Alex did surgery for 3000 i would be able to do it much sooner, people have said i dont have the biggest case so i thought maybe a little reduction is in order 8).

I Honestly cant wait no longer than this year ive promised myself since god knows how long i will get this removed, its hard going on holiday with all your mates and not being able to just walk about in just shorts like everybody else >:(
I shall get it done by the end of the year tho, just look's like il have to have another sh:t holiday :D

P.S. I physicly cant and wont tell family i just dont have the balls lol plus we hardly speak as im always out, But i have recently told my girlfriend thanks to everyone on here. :)

Cheers for the advice Lads ;)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 06:12:00 PM by jakeyboy08 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024