Author Topic: Blitz Update...Last pre-op consult before surgery  (Read 1714 times)

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
I saw Dr. Fielding today.  It's my last meeting (only had 2) with him before my surgery next month.  He just wanted to know if I had any questions.  He went through the procedure with me and told me what I should do and expect on July 13th.  I can't eat or drink (not even water) the night before surgery.  I have to have someone there to pick me up from the hospital or they won't release me.  I had some paper work to fill out and I paid for my surgery.  I could have waited 5 days before the surgery to pay but why postpone the inevitable.

He then asked me how I would feel if my operation was $500 more?  He said he was taking a poll because I think the hospital (St. Joseph) in which he performs the procedure is giving him a rough time because OHIP is covering some of the procedure.  Just giving guys a heads up in case his price goes up dramatically over the next few months.  I shelled out $1605 today (GST included) and from what I understand, that's a record with Fielding (with the guys on this forum).  I know my case is somewhat severe so that's why I think it's more than most.  By the way, I just told him that I would hate it if he had to increase it but I would pay it because I just want to get rid of my gyne.

I also asked him if it was ok to put a compression vest over the bandaging that he would supply after the surgery.  He said, the more compressed you are, the better.    

Well that 's it for now.  Will definitely have pics and a long post after my surgery.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024