Author Topic: Mind Control  (Read 15613 times)

Offline Bluesun_Returns

• Silver Member
I believe it can be done.  The thing is, it's takes tremendous concentration and will-power to master it.  But the power of the individual mind, will and spirit is awsome.
Bluesun

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
Everyone has been saying we only use small percentages of out brain. I recently read that those percentages were based on very old studies before we had the technology to actually determine something like that. Modern scientists say that we use almost all, if not all, of our brains.
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

Offline usernameX

• Gold Member
Ahhhh shit, no John, MY VERY BAD! I corrected you when I was wrong aswell. I also heard this statement but its now considered a myth. Sorry dude :-* Hahaha just a joke.

http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/tenper.html
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 11:53:18 AM by usernameX »
Had surgery with Dr. J.C. Fielding on August 2nd.

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
I can't meditate. I've tried it and my mind just keeps wandering no matter what. Anyone else had this problem?

Offline zarathustra

• Posting Member
That's the whole point of the meditation.
To calm that wandering tendency of the mind.

So yes, I think anyone who has tried to meditate has experienced what you're experiencing...

The only solution is to keep at it.  Keep focusing.  Concentrate harder.

Some things that may help:

Breathing style.  Certain breathing techniques help to calm.

Exercise.  I personally do yoga, but I think any exercise will drain your body of excess energy, in doing so, helping to calm your mind.

In the end though it's hard.  Just focus on one thing.  If any other thoughts enter your head, try to realize it and push them away before they take over your concentration.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
graham - you going to weigh in on this one?

Offline jc71

graham - tell me more about your mind control technique.

How often shoud you do it and for how long each session?

Do you believe you can actually do just about anything using this technique.  May sound dumb, but can you make yourself taller, your thingy larger or make yourself fly or jump over trees?  Is there a limit to what you can accomplish if you got yourself to a deep level?  :)

Offline jc71

graham - have you ever read any Deepak Chopra books?

Offline zarathustra

• Posting Member
Just curious Graham, but where are you finding books / sources that combine both reliable science and mind control theory?

You call it 'superscience' but I would have to call it 'pseudoscience'...

No offence, as I'm also obviously somewhat a believer.
However, none of that belief stems from reliable scientific theory...  More religious or holistic theory...

I guess if there is a point to this post, I was wondering if you DID know of any credible scientific studies on mind control...  I would be very interested in reading them.

Offline jc71

Graham - Have you ever suffered any negative social repercussions or backlash as a result of your promotion and practice of these techniques?

Have you come across any non-believers who criticise you for partaking in, what they would consider, "dark arts?"

I'd imagine the more subtle response would be to simply dismiss it as some form of "hocus-pocus."

Personally, i'm thinking about giving it a try.  I've got nothing to loose but my gyne.  :)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 02:47:46 PM by jc71 »

Offline hypo

Maybe the moon is made of cheese and maybe if you believe it enough you can eat it.

You might as well be sat naked in a pentagram as far as I can see because your beliefs have more in common with witch doctors and the occult than they do with science.

Because I question this 'mind control' does not make me ignorant.

All I am doing is not accepting your beliefs blindly on faith when there is not one shred of scientific evidence for the existence of this supposed phenomenon.

I would like you to explain how using your mind to control the biology in your body would be any different in the following situations;

1 Getting rid of gynecomastia

2 Growing as tall as a house

As a man of science can you explain how thinking about your gynecomastia disappearing and your gynecomastia happening to become smaller would = mind control shrinking gynecomastia.

If my gynecomastia got smaller when there were avalanches in the Swiss Alps, would that prove that avalanches in the Swiss Alps shrink gynecomastia?

You say;

It’s possible you might be genuinely cured In reference to mind control.

Yes and it is possible that the moon is made of cheese when proof is something that cannot be brought into the equation.

I presume that if you can shrink your gynecomastia you can shrink any biological material and I presume that it doesn't have to be your own; it could be that of others.

Does this mean you could shrink everyone’s gynecomastia?

Does this mean you could make mine bigger if you do not like me?

Does this mean you can shrink people legs if you do not like them?

Anything is possible right.

P.S

I may offer extreme examples but the logical steps I have taken are clear and obvious, can you give clear reasoned answers.

Can I ask as well do you see this as a preferable option in the removal of gynecomastia despite the fact that there is no proven success rate and no shred of evidence that this in fact works?

« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 05:31:40 PM by hypo »

Offline zarathustra

• Posting Member
Graham, I'm on your side for this one.  Although you seemed a bit defensive in replying to my post..

Although I'm an engineer, I have no need for scientific proof.  When I called mind control pseudoscience, I didn't mean that in a negative way, I meant it only in a way that suggests there IS no scientific backing for it.

That in mind, being an engineer, I know the pitfalls that exist even with 'scientific backing'.  The approximations, the near truths, the shifting paradigms... the weaknesses of the scientific method that most people see as infallible (which is way off the mark!).

When it comes to something as complex as the mind, there is no 'science' yet.  Sure, we may understand a few of the underlying mechanisms that exist within our brains, but we have no WORTHY concept or theory on how our minds function.  Especially when we get to the level of how the mind connects with the body and the controls that exist between conscience and body function..

So you saying A, hypo saying B and me saying C means a whole whack of nothing when it comes down to it.
All of our statements are equally baseless, that is, they all come from an ignorant perspective.

However, having practiced meditation for some time, I can agree with Grahams assessment.

It DOES calm you.  It DOES leave one in a state of increased... euphoria?  happiness?  contentment?
So even if it does fail to make any physical improvements (resolve gyno), who cares?  Your mind will be healthier.  Your self esteem will be higher.  You will be happier.  For what it IS worth, these statements have scientific evidence supporting them.

I agree wholeheartedly though.  There is no reason to crap on this idea just because there is no scientific proof for it.

How else are you suppose to move forward in science UNLESS you take action that has as of yet NOT been verified BY science?  Answer that hypo.  

If you can, then feel free to bash mind control all you wish.

Offline zarathustra

• Posting Member
In the end, I think self contentment is what everyone on this board is TRULY looking for...

We just so happen to see self contentment only manifesting itself once we eliminate this gyno problem we all live with.  

ie.  Cure my gyno and I will finally be happy.

THAT, I'm afraid, is the biggest lie out there.

Curing gyno will not make us happy.
Something else will take it's place as the human mind always seeks out suffering..

Mind control / meditation IS a potential solution for this problem (with scientific evidence).

For this alone I think we should respect it, and not compare it to a moon made of cheese.

Offline Pferdestärken

• Silver Member
  • Fixed 03/06/05 by the incredible Mr Paul Levick!
    • My Diary
Well I have just my gyne surgically removed, and I have to say it has made me happier. Maybe I just wanted to be happier, so after the op my subconscious made me happier. The op was just a placebo. Powerful stuff this mind control.  ;D

Hippy concepts like "Self contentment" don't mean much to me, but generally I like myself and my body. I just hated having boobs. I hated them for a long long time, but they didn't seem impressed and they stayed put. Some clever guy sorted it out for me and now they're history.

Funny thing is that having boobs now, from the perspective of not having them any more, doesn't seem like a big issue. I'm rapidly forgetting what it was like to have them, and why they bothered me so much.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2005, 06:59:08 AM by phil.short »
Pics | Op 3/6/05 Mr Paul Levick

Offline zarathustra

• Posting Member
Hahaha.
Of course resolving the gyno will make you happier, however, it's only a matter of time before you find a new problem to dwell on.

I guess my point was this..  

If you're walking around and the shoes you're wearing don't fit so well....  What do you notice?  

The small pain/discomfort in your toe or the rest of your body working in perfect order?
(Schopenhauer)

We have a tendency to only focus on pain/suffering.

Right now, it takes the form of gyno.
Once gone, it will inevitably take the form of something new.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024