Author Topic: advice please  (Read 3900 times)

Offline surpera1

• Posting Member
i used to think i was some sort of isolated freak - i now realize that i am far from the only one with this problem - pretty similar story to a lot of you here - years of embarassment and psychological issues - it all happened at puberty with me - i always had a bit of pectus excavatum - this was exacerbated with the growth spurt at puberty into a fairly pronounced case - as if that wasnt enough of a problem - wham - hormone imbalance caused me to grow hard glandular material and female looking breasts - well i an now 42 years old and thinking about surgical repairs - wondering about the costs ? its not excessive weight with me - i am 6 foot 7 bout 240 lb - slender build actually - i just wish i was normal like everyone else - i have always felt cheated in a way - i wish i could just go to the beach and pools like other guys can

dubled

yes i am 43 and it was whilst at the swimming baths at age 10-11 that i realised my chest wasnt like the other boys there and as growing up is inevitable the comparison inevitably gets stronger ,the hiding of the chest with hands and arms and covering up with bagy clothes etc turns into the hiding away of the whole of what is our life ie staying indoors and not functioning as a mature human should.personaly i cant see any option but to have surgery,there is the small hurdle to overcome in the deciding weather its the right thing to do to change your own body through surgery for your own satisfaction ,but i think thats just a mind looking for excuses cos we dont like surgery and were afraid of change.i watched a crazy program on telly where four crazy guys it was called dirty sandchow or somthing and they were doing some crazy things to there bodys and it made me think if they can do that and survive then a few hours in surgery to get rid of gland and fat will be a breeze,there are no functioning organs being touched so the risk to health is virtualy zero.the cost is a problem for gland and lipo you are looking at 4 to 5 thou ,ive saved 2500 so far its taken six yrs .

Offline surpera1

• Posting Member
yeah - it really sucks to be me sometimes

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I really hope some of the Doctors weigh in on this topic.

You present very little history but what you have mentioned is, at least a bit, suggestive of Klinefelters Syndrome.

Slight Pectus Excavatum, height above average, and Gynecomastia are all common symptoms of Klinefelters but without more history they could be simply coincidental.

You have not said anything about lab tests for various hormones or possibly even genetic typing. The latter would be needed to confirm Klinefelters if there are other indicators as well and the tests are justified.

It is possible that Gynecomastia is but the tip of the iceberg. (pun not intended)
Grandpa Dan

DrBermant

i used to think i was some sort of isolated freak - i now realize that i am far from the only one with this problem - pretty similar story to a lot of you here - years of embarassment and psychological issues - it all happened at puberty with me - i always had a bit of pectus excavatum - this was exacerbated with the growth spurt at puberty into a fairly pronounced case - as if that wasnt enough of a problem - wham - hormone imbalance caused me to grow hard glandular material and female looking breasts - well i an now 42 years old and thinking about surgical repairs - wondering about the costs ? its not excessive weight with me - i am 6 foot 7 bout 240 lb - slender build actually - i just wish i was normal like everyone else - i have always felt cheated in a way - i wish i could just go to the beach and pools like other guys can

Living with Gynecomastia can cause a great deal of emotion and stress.  Have you checked your BMI - Body Mass Index with a Calculator

Cost of Gynecomastia Surgery depends on the problem to be treated, skill of the doctor, and many other factors. It varies from surgeon to surgeon, around the country, and the world.

If Klinefelter's Syndrome or any other condition is present and breasts are growing, having that situation stabilized first is often the best first step before considering surgery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Hey...

Thanks for sharing your story dude...  ;)

i used to think i was some sort of isolated freak.

Yeah, it's a great relief when you learn that you are not the 'Only One'....

What country do you live?

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
The good news is there is hope... you don't have to live with it. Gynecomastia can be treated very predictably.  The problem  affects many men, both psychologically and physically.  Many seek qualified plastic surgeons who specialize in the gynecomastia procedure for help. You may want to begin by researching your options and when you are ready, schedule a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who specialize in the treatment.  With regard to cost, it varies depending upon the complexity of your case, experience level of the surgeon, and whether your procedure is performed under local or general anesthesia.   
Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-644-4808
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia

dubled

good news im human ,clynfeltz pawpaw i have testis golf ball size.some things you need to get off your chest `granppa im on east coast uk,`freezin`not like you in usa walkin round in teashirts all day -no pun intended,im on with saving for the big day i have no problems getting female atraction though have problem of how my body makes me feel,so best to keep saving for big day,peace to all.

dubled

sory i got so wraped up in my own thoughts i thought this was about me its a bout supera 1 ,peace

Offline surpera1

• Posting Member
well - i have some of the symptoms i klinefelters i guess - but not all - i am fairly hairy across the chest and stomach area - normal testicle size - fertile for sure - i can look at my wife and get her pregnant - have 3 kids - can grow a full beard - i have a tall mostly gracile build - pot belly - hahahahhahah - i think the PE actually causes or accentuates the pot belly - used to lift weights a lot - not that it helped - seemed to make em bigger - if i keep my walking up and belly toned and trim and wear the right clothing - i get by pretty good - but i am at the point of trying something - what do i have to lose ? but all surgery carries risks - being a nurse i know that all too well - and women ? i have to beat em off with a stick - hahahahahaahah - no trouble getting with women at all - 6 foot 7 - 240 lb - fairly muscular i guess - years of weighlifting - light brown hair - was once platinum blond as a kid - blue eyes - very fair skin - i dont tan actually - just turn red or burn if im not careful - thanks for the reply doctor - i think i will look into your services - i am thinking i will have the male breast reduction - and maybe later look into the PE repair - how is the recovery time for the breast reduction ?

DrBermant

well - i have some of the symptoms i klinefelters i guess - but not all - i am fairly hairy across the chest and stomach area - normal testicle size - fertile for sure - i can look at my wife and get her pregnant - have 3 kids - can grow a full beard - i have a tall mostly gracile build - pot belly - hahahahhahah - i think the PE actually causes or accentuates the pot belly - used to lift weights a lot - not that it helped - seemed to make em bigger - if i keep my walking up and belly toned and trim and wear the right clothing - i get by pretty good - but i am at the point of trying something - what do i have to lose ? but all surgery carries risks - being a nurse i know that all too well - and women ? i have to beat em off with a stick - hahahahahaahah - no trouble getting with women at all - 6 foot 7 - 240 lb - fairly muscular i guess - years of weighlifting - light brown hair - was once platinum blond as a kid - blue eyes - very fair skin - i dont tan actually - just turn red or burn if im not careful - thanks for the reply doctor - i think i will look into your services - i am thinking i will have the male breast reduction - and maybe later look into the PE repair - how is the recovery time for the breast reduction ?

Klinefelter patients often have very small testicles and most find great difficulty in fathering children. I know of some who went as far as to have testicular biopsy to harvest sperm to have children, a very difficult process. There are many other possible Causes of Gynecomastia that can be issues in unstable gynecomastia.

Recovery after Gynecomastia Surgery depends on the problem to be treated, what needs to be done, and many other factors. The best way I know how to ease my patients' return to activity is to use techniques with Minimal Bruising and Swelling and Maximize Comfort after Male Breast Reduction. My typical patient is back to light activity the day after surgery.

When you are ready, most start out with our Preliminary Remote Discussion to minimize travel to Virginia. Jane is my office manager and can explain the process.  She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline surpera1

• Posting Member
thank you for the comments - i will consider everything

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024