Author Topic: help!  (Read 1672 times)

Offline apersonwithproblems

hi im 15, about 5'9 and roughly 10 stone, im a little flabby around the sides but not overweight. i think i may have this 'gynecomastia' but im not sure. i have had this for a good 8-9 months now, i really have no idea what to do, no one really cares (boys that is) but im really afriad of taking my top off at the beach infront of the girls coz im afraid they will laugh. If i lose weight will they disapeer, but im also okay at rugby playing for osprey u16s and not sure if losing weight will affect it but if it means they go away then il do it.

help me please!

DrBermant

hi im 15, about 5'9 and roughly 10 stone, im a little flabby around the sides but not overweight. i think i may have this 'gynecomastia' but im not sure. i have had this for a good 8-9 months now, i really have no idea what to do, no one really cares (boys that is) but im really afriad of taking my top off at the beach infront of the girls coz im afraid they will laugh. If i lose weight will they disapeer, but im also okay at rugby playing for osprey u16s and not sure if losing weight will affect it but if it means they go away then il do it.

help me please!

Have you checked your BMI or Body Mass Index? My calculator does work in stones, but you will need to use a metric height.

A BMI of 20.7 is within the normal range. But this does not include issues of Body Fat Analysis.

The normal Anatomy of Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia consists of gland, fat, and skin. Weight loss will not help with the gland component of gynecomastia.

There can be a great deal of Emotion Living with Gynecomastia. At you age this is something you need to discuss with your parents. Many have told me that the video and pages of my site were valuable tools in helping their parents and family better understand their concerns.

Patience is important when considering How Old to be Concerned about Gynecomastia. For most, the distortion is temporary and will resolve itself. What has not gone away by 2 years typically does not. It makes little sense to wait longer to manage  Teenage Gynecomastia.

Still the distortion and contour issues can be a trying experience. Body Shaping Garments offer a temporary contouring advantage.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline apersonwithproblems

how would i know if its gynecomastia, or if its just puberty?

DrBermant

how would i know if its gynecomastia, or if its just puberty?

During puberty, the imbalance of hormones in young men is a frequent Cause Gynecomastia gland swelling and growth. Gynecomastia or female like breasts on a male body comes in many different sizes and shapes. If the contour does not say male but even a pubescent female breast such as in subtle Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia, then it is gynecomastia by definition.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024