Author Topic: Low body fat but still have gynecomastia?  (Read 9173 times)

Offline jimmynewton

• Posting Member
So basically I have low body fat(visible six pack) but I still have gynecomastia and it looks horribly unproportionate to my body. I haven't taken any steroids or any of that and this has been with me since I was 13(I'm 18 now). My question is, are there any treatment options for me besides surgery? I've heard things about nolvadex...thanks.

DeeDubStyle619

So you have had it for 5 years? I would say it isn't likely to go away now. Surgery is pretty much the only option.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Welcome aboard.

There are many common myths about Gynecomastia. That it is a condition common only to the obese is only one common myth. As you are well aware, a lean and fit man can have it as well.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Nolvadex might possibly avert the growth of gyne if it is anticipated and taken while the gyne is developing.  Nolvadex will do nothing for established gyne -- at this point, only surgery will help.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline xoxoxoxo

• Gold Member
o also have a very low body fat.. i mean i look good without my shirts on but when im wearing a shirt it really looks like i have boobs.. wtf! i hate it!

Offline jimmynewton

• Posting Member
UGH. I don't have the money. Insurance won't cover it. I guess all my hard work in the gym is wasted.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
No gym work is wasted!  You are stronger and healthier at the barest minimum.  And although your gyne will still be there, it will be as small as possible.

Perhaps you can wear some body shaping garments for now and save money for surgery in the near future.

Dr Jacobs

Offline instantk

• Posting Member

DrBermant

So basically I have low body fat(visible six pack) but I still have gynecomastia and it looks horribly unproportionate to my body. I haven't taken any steroids or any of that and this has been with me since I was 13(I'm 18 now). My question is, are there any treatment options for me besides surgery? I've heard things about nolvadex...thanks.

Antiestrogens such as Nolvadex can shrink breast gland that is currently swollen from stimulation "in the active phase". They will not resolve gland that has stabilized and in the "quiescent phase."

Management of antiestrogens and other hormone influencing agents are best managed by an experienced endocrinologist. The antiestrogen can reverse the stimulation effect of too much estrogen that may help with active phase swelling of stimulated gland. They do not help with remaining gland. These and other medications carry significant risks, antiestrogens are primarily used in cancer therapy.

o also have a very low body fat.. i mean i look good without my shirts on but when im wearing a shirt it really looks like i have boobs.. wtf! i hate it!

I work with many Bodybuilders with extremely low body fat and gynecomastia. It does not take much to distort a male contour to the chest!

Body Shaping Compression Garments can help with temporary contour issues while awaiting stabilization or other factors that could put off surgical options.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024