Author Topic: Karidis surgery - happy! but one of my nipples looks a bit inverted?  (Read 1972 times)

Offline nickse

Hello to everyone!  :D
I'm 31 and I finally got  my surgery done with Karidis in London. So far I think it looks good but I would like your thoughts on my left nipple!
I'm on my day 21 post op and just wanted to get your opinion on my healing. My left nipple looks kinda inverted and it's not possible for me to "pull it out" so it looks like the right one. I'm wondering if this is normal at this stage or if it has attached to my pectoral muscle? It looks like it's "sunken" in a bit and it doesn't change when I'm cold or hot.

I'm wearing my comperession vest 24/7 and i'm taking Arnica and Bromelain for the bruises.

I have attached some photos - the before photo isn't the best, it was shot in an cold environment so the gyno isn't showing so much :S

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Although there is only one photo, it appears that you have swelling of the areola surround the nipple, thereby making it look like the nipple is inverted.  It does not look inverted to me.

Suggest you be patient and allow for complete healing, which may take several months more.  I suspect that your problems will resolve by themselves with no further intervention.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline nickse

Thank you for the reply!
According to the post-op schedule from my surgeon, I could start the massaging after 14 days, I haven't started since I still felt it was a bit painful, but now at day 22 it's better. Is it ok that it hurts a bit (feels strange) when I do the massage?

Thanks again!  :D

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I generally don't encourage massage for my patients before 6-8 weeks for fear of actually creating more swelling -- but would defer to your own surgeon's routine.

One important rule:  if it hurts, don't do it.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024