Author Topic: HI guys, a question.  (Read 1706 times)

Offline manbear

Hi everyone. I'm new here. I'm from London England.

I am 22 and have had Gyne since I was 15. I used to be a little overwieght. I am now in very good shape afer a couple of years of rugby and have VERY low body fat (under 10%) but my Gyne still remains. (small glands under each nipple I can feel, like small bean bags. Not very large but just enought o make the nipple pointed).

My question is. Is the surgery easier and less complex and likely to be more successful if I just need the small gland removed rather than the need for lipo and fat removal etc?

I'd really appreciate some info guys. THANKS!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Oddly enough, I think it may actually be a bit more difficult when there is a small amount of tissue to be removed.

Think of it in terms of another craft that might be easier to picture. If I have a large board and want to cut it down a fey tiny bit that is much more difficult than sawing off a piece the span of my hand.

If you are asking for a slight refinement, that is not only a difficult task but you are already being quite critical and you will be hard to please.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
Welcome to gyne.org, manbear.  

I don't know the answer to your question, but it does sound logical that surgery for someone with minimal gyne (tissue growth) and in great shape would be easier, as there simply wouldn't be as much to do. No idea whether that would be an accurate statement, however.

I believe I have read that lipo isn't always necessary on a guy with very little fat, but on the other hand, I've also read that everyone has a little bit of fat, therefore, some lipo will be necessary for proper contouring of your chest.  

I'm sure some of the doctors here will weigh in on this.  I'll be interested in what they have to say.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
There are no "easy" or "minor" cases.  Each type of gyne, "minimal" or "major" has its own set of potential problems for the surgeon.  Some cases that appear easy or minor actually take considerable amount of time to perform.  Surgical techniques for various gyne situations will vary as well -- each surgeon has his own preferences for what works best in his own hands.

What is important for you, if you are considering surgery, is to visit several surgeons (come prepared with written questions), look at their photos (there should be lots of them) and make sure he has a significant interest and experience in gyne surgery.  Then choose the surgeon with whom you are most comfortable and confident.  The fee should be the least of your considerations.  The best opportunity for a good result is the first (and hopefully only) operation.  After that, you are playing catch up.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024