Author Topic: Need serious help!!!  (Read 1258 times)

Offline moobzSUck

• Posting Member
I've been to 3 physicians in Ottawa, however I am not able to persuasively convince a physician to help me get my surgery covered (have OHIP cover it). I've honestly hit rock bottom and I don't feel to good. I am only 19 years old and a full time student, my parents don't work they are on ODSP (Ontario Disability). Given my situation I'd think, A physician would want to help, however that is not the case. I am sad, pissed, angry etc.. every bad emotion possible. Honestly I even told the physician that this condition of mine has me depressed, yet NOTHING!

If anyone could provide me with ANY advice that would greatly be appreciated. I can't afford $5000-6000. At most possibly $2500. If someone has anything they contribute to help me in anyway, again I'd deeply be appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
My advice would be to keep saving.  In the meantime, buy a compression shirt.  It will make you look and feel much better until you can afford the surgery. 

Offline dbg

• Posting Member
I don't think you're going to find a lot of donors here, but we can give you practical advice.

5 grand is a lot, but it's not unattainable.    There are a ton of things you can do to save money, start looking into your options.

-get a weekend job or do odd jobs when you can
-buy a cheaper car than you were planning on
-move in with a roommate for cheaper rent
-get a cheaper cell phone plan
-cancel your cable subscription
-sell some crap on ebay

I'm 32, and it's easy for me to dole out this advice when I make enough to pay 10 of the operations a year, but I also waited until I was 32 to get this done.  If I could go back to your age, I would have done the things I mentioned in heartbeat.

This WILL take time, and you will need patience, but trust me when I say that a ton of other men on this board have been through the same thing you are going through right now.

Also, talk to a doctor's office about payment plans, and look into what you can do about paying for it with credit (but definitely do your research on that so that you don't get screwed.)  I'm sure in Canada, plastic surgeons are just a much of a business as they are in US, and they do want to be able to do business.

Good luck, and remember have patience!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024