Author Topic: ** Surgery completed 12/05/2011** PICS 32 days post op**  (Read 19217 times)

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member
All going pretty good at the minute mate touch wood, my movement is pretty good and I am getting used to this vest, I'm not showering at the minute just washing with hot water and spounge. I've been out twice driving today just keeping my arms close to my side without overstretching. Pretty comfortable laying down aswell and got used to sleeping on my back. The bruising on my chest seems to be getting better and the feeling has pretty much came back across my chest, I can tense my pecks with no pain ( I guess this is good) overall I'm pretty good but don't wanna get to excited as I know there is alot of healing. I think I am planning on a leg workout next Saturday but this will be only calf raises and leg extensions I'm not messing around with squats yet.

How's your progress mate? Movement ect? You seen the chest yet?

wow you're doing great mate !!
My progress is same as yours I'd say but don't think I can tense my pecs without getting pain yet, although it may just be the bandage cutting into me I guess.

Lol still not seen my chest dude !! Wednesday afternoon the mrs is gonna cut my banages off and I can finally see it. Have braced myself for it to be a mess, just incase.

Offline lightweightbaby

• Bronze Member
Been back at the office today, just taking it easy no lifting ect. Feel better and better each day. The bruising has started to come out now and turn yellowish and where the blue pads had been placed and caused dark bruising this is starting to subside, this is the area around the bottom of my chest near my ribs. There isnt too much swelling at the minute just a small shelf where i guess the gland was taken out. I think on saturday im going to do a leg session at the gym and see how it goes.

Overall well pleased so far just dreading scar tissue arriving.

Offline lightweightbaby

• Bronze Member
Progress is going pretty well ive been noshing down the arnica tablets and it seems like my chest has reacted pretty well and the bruising has started to subside. Im still left with a few bruises near the rib cage but they seem to dissapear every day.

As for movement its pretty good ive been taking it easy at work for the last couple of days and my arm movement has improved and i can get pretty much full motion even if its pretty slow. Im just taking my time with everything i do and im not rushing or moving too quickly.

As for the chest it seems to be setteling down, on day 2-3 my chest was pretty dam swollen and lumpy near the upper part of the peck and it looked like a huge shelf between there and my nipple, this has flattened out and the area seems pretty normal now with no pain (at the moment) and the nipples still seem pretty flat the only area that is a bit sore is where the gland was taken away near the ribs just to the side of the nipple but only noticable if i put my arms by my side.

Ive attached 2 new photos of 5 days pre op i dont know if they look much different to my previous ones but ill keep them posted maybe every 5 days, in the photos ive noticed ive stacked on the chub around the belly which isnt good

Does the chest become more painfull when the scar tissue arrives? Im proper dreading the scar tissue tbh guys :(

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member
Looking good mate, healing up nicely.
My belly has grown loads since I had my op 2 mate !! guess coz haven't been doing much and been eating plenty to help with recovery  :D

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member
mate do you know when you are supposed to take off the armpit plasters ?
mine are kinda pissing me off lol

Offline lightweightbaby

• Bronze Member
Yeah I've taken one of the plasters off but the other I left on to heal as it was still a bit open. Are you back at work yet? Being at work takes my mind off healing along as I take it easy. I think it's better to keep the blood flowing. Does pain increase with scar tissue? The swelling has gone down now. How long are you keeping your vest on? It gets pretty hot in the day I'm dreading a heatwave right now, think I would melt when wearing this vest!

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member
hey bro, cool will leave mine on a bit I think as still not healed.
nah I'm not back at work till Monday mate, kind of want to get back there for that exact reason, takes ur mind off stuff.

Don't know much about scar tissue but it will be hard stuff, lumpy I think. Don't worry too much, keep getting pineapple and arnica down and massage gently twice a day for couple of mins once you are 3 weeks or so post op. that's all you can do ;O)

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member
gonna try and wear vest 3 weeks 24/7 and couple weeks nights only after that.
holy shit we're gonna fry when this heatwave hits mate lol !!!

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
Looks really good mate! Sounds like you are on the mend nicely

What i've told myself about scar tissue is it can and will go with massage and patience...and if that fails, injections if it effects the contour of my chest, but it would need to be drastic for me to want injections (l would settle for my chest now at 2 weeks post op without jabs)....either way, the scar tissue isnt worrying me as i know it's going ;D

Offline lightweightbaby

• Bronze Member
Just had a shallow bath sitting up in it then it's like having a good wash without getting the wounds wet. Taken all the plasters off now and they look like there healing pretty well tbh my nipples are flatter than I've ever imagined. I think karidis must have slipped with the lipo tube as I've got a massive bruise appeared in the centre of the ribcage at the bottom.

Offline pharmerjoe

• Silver Member
good luck with recovery. Btw, are you allowed to take showers, or you need to take a day or 2 off washing?

Offline lightweightbaby

• Bronze Member
Take showers mate, but you have to put on the waterproof plasters. Think you can bath after 2 weeks :-/

Offline kingboob

Great results.

It is interesting to see that this board is busy again at the moment....... lots of guys getting the op done and getting rid of the moobs.............. which is obviously great, but quite surprising though when you consider the currenty economic conditions!

Offline kingboob

Just had a shallow bath sitting up in it then it's like having a good wash without getting the wounds wet. Taken all the plasters off now and they look like there healing pretty well tbh my nipples are flatter than I've ever imagined. I think karidis must have slipped with the lipo tube as I've got a massive bruise appeared in the centre of the ribcage at the bottom.

The bruising and welling can travel down due to gravity basically.  I can remember having a bit of stomach Lipo  and afterwards my whole pubic area ended up swolen and bruised. 

Nothing to worry about really.

Offline pharmerjoe

• Silver Member
Great results.

It is interesting to see that this board is busy again at the moment....... lots of guys getting the op done and getting rid of the moobs.............. which is obviously great, but quite surprising though when you consider the currenty economic conditions!

I myself also noticed that its starting to get very busy. I've been talking to some great guys over pm and on various threads, and its important we all support each other through this. I just see it as a necessity for me, not as some cosmetic surgery and I think we all view it as that, even if others don't. Hell, anyone that hasn't had surgery we could all make a pact to do it and meet up in london or birmingham round about the time of the op or consultation!

@ lightweightbaby - how would you say your general condition was for the first day or 2 after the op, for just general things like putting clothes on, getting stuff from supermarket, getting something to eat,etc.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024