Author Topic: what do you think  (Read 1354 times)

miamivice

I went to see the PS who performed my intial surgery of lipo only and told him my concerns about my nipples still being puffy. He told me at this point in my recovery of 4 months what I currently see is pretty much the end result and that to resolve the puffiness I would need revision which I already knew but I played along just to see what his revision solution was . well he said he would make an incision at the top of the areola and remove gland via that incision. I asked him why the top and wouldn't that leave some unsightly scarring, he informed that it wouldn't (which I don't believe cause most stories I've read the incision were made at the bottom), what do y'all think? I also asked him about possible crater deformity he said he would leave just enough gland behind to prevent this but if it were to occur he would inject temporary fillers (which I would have to get injected every so often) into area to support the nipple, WTF ???, What do y'all think. I've come to the conclusion that once my six months recovery date comes around I'll be heading to another surgeon because my current surgeon is clueless as to how to resolve my issue, am I right or wrong on this one?

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
Speaking for myself, I would not go back to a surgeon for more surgery if they didn't do a good job the first time.  There's no reason to have any faith in them if they did an inadequate job the first time around. 

I would find someone else; someone with LOTS of gyne surgery experience. According to the doctors here, many times, revision surgery for gynecomastia presents even more of a challenge.  So I would want someone I have faith in doing my second surgery, and certainly not the guy that took my money and left me with results I'm not happy with.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024