Author Topic: Booked with Karadis for August PICS ADDED  (Read 14993 times)

Offline scuba

• Posting Member
you ll probably have your op at the moment mate.. good luck!! let us know your results
all the best

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member
Good luck mate. See u on the other side, pancake time :D

Offline bomberman

• Bronze Member
Hey guys, thanks so much for your words of encouragement, so happy I found this site!

surgery is done now, wasn't as nerve racking as i thought it would be which is great. I got a taxi to the train station at 6 this morning, got the train to paddington and the tube to St. Johns. Checked in about 8 30 and was taken to my room, it was very pleasant and a tv and all that stuff. A nurse (so bad with names haha) went through some stuff with me and I got changed. Felt like such a tw*t walking to the theater in those socks and dressing gown and stuff :D. I was surprised how calm I was about everything, I just didn't really think about and just 'manned up' i guess :P
The only time I felt a bit sketchy was when I was lying on the hospital bed looking up waiting for the anesthesia, it ran through my head breifly what if i dont wake up again! (particularly after reading the bit in the declaration about chance of death, no matter how slight!) Lying there felt like I was in ER or something (used to watch that show a lot lol)
The nurse in there was bloody brilliant, so friendly put me completely at ease, the anesthetist was cool also (everyone was for that matter!) I don't even remember drifting off, it was like falling asleep i guess when you dont realise its happening. Woke up feeling very tired and found it hard to speak, I couldn't really breathe in the mask thing and kept asking me to put it back on. When I got back to the room i think i might have dozed off again for a moment or something, felt seriously tired, just wanted to sleep. Then about 30 mins later started to feel pretty good, then about an hour really good.
I'm not gonna lie, i was worried about the whole thing but after about 90 mins i actually felt the best i have in a long time, even now i still feel pretty awesome (though i heard it might get worse in a few days or something) still got a bit of pain though in the armpit areas
there was some pain, at first verging on the wrong side of discomfort, but that started to fade and i felt good, got a little pain now though in the armpit areas, will take some pain killers soon, and some arnica. when I was getting on the train a women asked me to help her lift her buggy up and i went to automatically and didnt feel a thing, then as i got out the toilet another guy asked me to help him too! haha

It's really muggy today so not looking forward to sleeping in this thing, will take it off tomorrow and take some pics, have a quick shower and change the dressings etc. It doesn't seem like it will be too hard to hide from the family (my brother has gyne too so i told him and he will help me take off t shirts and move things if necessary which is good)

I glanced in the reflection of the train window on my way home and saw my chest looking flatter, looked awesome but hard to tell because there is so much padding. cant wait to see it tomorrow, weird thing is i didnt feel vulnerable like some people said, though at one point i did almost knock into someone in paddington. glad i got the tube and not a taxi, saved a lot of money
when i woke up i drank loads of water (had a dry mouth, not too bad though) and the only side effect i got from the anesthesia i think is that i found it quite hard to urinate, kind of weird haha
(chopper, thanks for the tip about the gum, saved my life today! :))

ok ill post some pics tomorrow of the room and my chest and everything, just chilling now
it's a bit premature but i just want to say karidis is a bloody legend, so assured and confident, makes you feel good about the whole thing

and just want to say a big thanks to everyone on this forum for giving me the courage to go through with it ;D
hopefully it will prove to be one of the best decisions of my life :)
laters x
Surgery with Dr. Karidis, 16th August 2011: currently recovering  https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=23731.0

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member
Glad it's gone well dude.
Yeah it's normal to struggle pissing and u might want to get some fibre down ya as well

Offline bomberman

• Bronze Member
Glad it's gone well dude.
Yeah it's normal to struggle pissing and u might want to get some fibre down ya as well
cheers dude, will do :)

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
Well done mate, expect a bumpy emotional couple of months whilst the healing roller coaster takes you on a ride, but everything will turn right in time. By 3 months I couldn't be happier :)

Offline bomberman

• Bronze Member
cheers chopper :)
when the swelling gets bad is it as worse as the original gyne or not so bad? i wont mind a little swelling but don't want them getting massive just as i start uni in 4/5 weeks :(

Offline bomberman

• Bronze Member
ok, I just had a shower, took all the stuff off (shaved my chest but forgot about the armpits, pain!)
Can someone just confirm that I've done this right please: i took everything off, put on the waterproof plasters, had a shower, then replaced the waterproof plasters because they got water in, then I put the other  compression vest back on (they gave me 2 sizes, I have the smaller one on, it feels pretty tight though, is this for the best?)
so I just have the plasters on all 4 incisions and the compression vest on top is this right?
sorry if i sound a bit stupid, just feeling a bit weird at the moment, will post some pics in a moment

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
Sounds right to me. 2 plasters over the nipples and 2 by the armpits and then the vest back on top.

The waterproof plasters were....not waterproof in my experience too lol

My swelling got no where near the state of my original moobs, but I did get a slight puffy nipple again but it has all calmed down. From memory between weeks 3 and 6 were the worst for me, by week 8 the scar tissue and swelling was really on the way out fast.

Offline bomberman

• Bronze Member
cheers choper, just out of interest when did you start massaging?

Offline bomberman

• Bronze Member
Just added post op pics to the first post, got the whole pancake thing going on ;D

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member
Wow another great result from Karidis, guys a legend.
Bet u are well chuffed mate. Welcome to the pancake zone dude lol !!

Offline bomberman

• Bronze Member
Wow another great result from Karidis, guys a legend.
Bet u are well chuffed mate. Welcome to the pancake zone dude lol !!
yea man, so happy with the result, loving the pancake zone haha, hope it doesn't 'spring back' too far, looking forward to getting fully healed and getting on with my life :)

Offline sawyer

• Silver Member
Looks like a really good result :D
Makes me feel even more confident I'm gonna get a good job from Karidis.
Good story, keep us posted!

Offline bomberman

• Bronze Member
cheers dude, i'm really happy with the result, I actually enjoyed the whole experience, it was exciting in a way!
keep us updated on your story as it goes :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024