Author Topic: i am new here ( some questions and pics included )  (Read 1881 times)

rimo301

hey all , i am new here
well i have gynecomastia and it makes my life hell , i just hate how it looks like , i can't go to pool with friends and u know etc.
what is the right age to do it ? i am 16 can i do it now
how long will it take to heal ? and after how many will i return back to normal life and go swimming ?
is there any other solution for the gynecomastia
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 09:49:05 AM by rimo301 »

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Welcome to gyne.org.  You will find many fellow sufferers here. 

As to your own situation, why not post a little bio about yourself and your battle with gyne.  Perhaps we can give you some feedback if you provide some info for us.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

rimo301

hmm ok i had it since i was 11 or 12 now i am 16 , at first i didn't really care or notice it , but then it began to annoy me .
so i played some sports to lose weight and i lost weight and the gyne is still there , i've done pushups everyday amd still nothing.
then i searched on the  internet and i found about the gynecomastia . i felt bad when i knew i had it and it makes my body looks really bad . my dad says it's not that bad , that's just for him but for me , i know that everybody notices it and i am really jealous , all my friends have great bodies but i just don't .
i turned 16 1 month ago , i am thinking about doing the surgery , and i have to make it b4 college , cuz i don't want to worry about it in college and be free
do i upload a picture of me or something ?
and please answer my 1st questions

rimo301

here are my pics

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
From your history of 4-5 years of gynecomastia, and your photo, which shows mild to moderate gynecomastia, it is most likely that your condition is stable and will probably not improve spontaneously.

You would therefore be a surgical candidate.

Your next move is to level with your parents and discuss the issue.  Have them read some of the threads on this site written by other parents.  Perhaps write your own letter to them in which you outline all the problems you have had as related to your gyne.  Ultimately, you will need them on your side in order to provide permission for any operation and to pay for it.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs

rimo301

Thanks alot :)
you mean that this age is ok ?? will it ever come back doc ???sorry for too much questions
btw i am from egypt , and i will take ur advice thanks alot doc. Jacobs

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I have operated on adolescents with stable gynecomastia (meaning, no change for 2-3 years) from the age of 13 and older.  To this date, after several hundred operations on adolescents over a 15 year period, not one young man has had a re-growth (recurrence) of his gyne.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024