Author Topic: No doctor, real gyno with lumps 30 days later  (Read 9844 times)

Offline thetodd

Great post post, all.  Thanks for sharing.  About to add my story to the thread and hopefully some of you guys can weigh in for me... "Bodybuilding.com" isn't cutting it, forum-wise...

I'm 6'4'', 165lbs... "skinny fat" essentially.  I used to do tons of push ups and bench and stuff but of course have since read all of the "concerns" with this (as mentioned earlier; muscles can make it more pronounced...).  Now I'm kind of stuck between this "it's never going to go away" mentality (considering surgery) and a "it's possible to manage it; push myself and DEVELOP the chest" mentality (LOTS of hard work, but preferable to surgery).

Can those of you with developed chests comment on the "incline only" bench press mentality?  This idea makes sense as I want to make sure to develop the "correct" part of my chest, but I also feel like if I'm trying to gain size and muscle, I should include flat AND incline... maybe even decline? 

I am so sick of working out in order to "hide" the condition.  I assess my fitness level on if there is any noticeable improvement and the obsession of it all leads me to think surgery might actually provide health benefits (less stress, pscyh. improvements, etc.), but if I could get "big" and have a rounded upper chest that allowed my puffy nips to point DOWN (so they were less noticeable), I think I could deal... THE THING THAT SCARES ME, THOUGH, is putting SIZE into the one spot I'm trying to take attention away from.  Sometimes I think about bulking shoulders, arms, traps, back... and not even TOUCHING the chest with bench... 

Comments would be awesome.

Its all broscience, you cannot cover up gynecomastia. Look at a member from the UK who's just had surgery

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/20/my-story-raising-the-cash/105/

scroll down to the second post, and thats what gland looks like. No amount of lifting weights will cover up gland and generally people who think there can be having been lied to by reading misinformation on body-building forums. Im not saying this to dishearten you, but the gym isnt the answer im afraid.
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
Its all broscience, you cannot cover up gynecomastia. Look at a member from the UK who's just had surgery

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/20/my-story-raising-the-cash/105/

scroll down to the second post, and thats what gland looks like. No amount of lifting weights will cover up gland and generally people who think there can be having been lied to by reading misinformation on body-building forums. Im not saying this to dishearten you, but the gym isnt the answer im afraid.

Hey, are those my burgers you're talking about?  ;D

As you can probably guess from my photos, I've never set foot in a gym! - but around 15 years ago in my mid-20's I did diet to the point of being seriously thin, too thin, people said I looked really ill and were genuinely concerned about me - but still the moobs remained almost unchanged. I say almost, as in actual fact because every ounce of the "normal" layer of fat went off my chest and torso, if anything they were even more pronounced, very pointy and cone-like.

Once I realised for myself they definitely were not fat, I put weight back on again, and for most of my life have been 30-50 lbs over "ideal weight" - and with a bit of fat on the chest it actually smoothed the contour out so that nipples were not so pointy, just more of a fuller chest shape. With a little bit of belly too, shirts sort of hung OK and disguised the problem as good as was ever going to be possible. Still never wore a t-shirt, only button-up shirts with double chest pockets on them, and usually checked or striped or very heavy fabric like denim.

3 years ago I started to seriously research surgery options, and started saving hard in October 2011. over last summer I brought my weight back down to 11 stone, which is about right to me, and have maintained it there since. In a few weeks time when healing is advanced enough, I hope to start toning up a bit.

When I saw the photo of those two huge piles of nasty tissue Mr Levick had cut out of me, and that there was almost zero fat in the liposuction jar, I felt fully justified in having surgery, as there was clearly no other possible way I was ever going to get rid of those damn moobs. The miracle, still, is how on earth he managed to get that much meat out of two tiny little slits in my armpits! - the man is a genius.

I'm updating my thread with daily photos at the moment, so you can follow recovery progress if interested - click link in my signature

Good luck!

Offline gabrielsebastian74

• Posting Member
Ok, so I had surgery last year around february. I chose Dr Mordicai "removed doctor" for one basic reason. He doesnt remove the nipple or cut off half of it. He makes a small incision in the bottom part, less than a 1/3 of the areola cut . For all you doctors who presume you do surgery cutting off anything more makes the nipple go dark and weird.. I have seen butchers yanking off the nipple then resewing it and wonder why people have drainage problems. Or cut off half the nipple and get that ugly wierd formed nipple issue.
No one can tell now I had surgery. No complications, no issues.

I had two slightly larger than golf ball sized growths.

Research your doctors and drill them on why they need to do anything beyond a small incision. If they dont know how, leave.

Offline SmokeyNYY

• Bronze Member
Looks fantastic. I also went to the same doctor. He is really amazing at his job. Good luck to you sir.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024