Author Topic: Please help. 5 weeks post op open wounds and oozing (PICS)  (Read 6019 times)

Offline mr_335i

Hi all, I need some advice. I am 5 weeks post op and am very scared. I had my Gynecomastia surgery on August 8th 2011 and am very scared my wounds arent healing correctly. I am not going to lie the first week of post op I did not take it very easy. I had sexual intercourse and drove my car which wasnt very smart. I am so scare because I feel that my PS did not wait long enough to take my stitches out. at 5 weeks I still have open wounds, scabs on the outer parts of the nipples, my nipples are still so swollen and numb and fluid leaks. Last week (4 weeks post op) on the weekend my left nipple and the incision undr it started leaking a urine colored seroma fluid. It leaked all day and unfortunetly it was the weekend so I couldnt see my doctor so in the shower i put some pressure on the outer part of my chest. a fatty blister type thing rose from the open wound under my left nipple and popped discharging a lot of liquid from it. (the black hole on the last pic under the nipple is where the blister/bubble arose from) My PS looked at my wounds this week and said nothing is wrong and its just healing but based on my pics and the pics I see on this website from post op, my pics look a lot worse. Is this normal for 5 weeks post op to look like this? and is it normal to have these many open wounds and leakage? The pics arent great the look worse in person than in the pics

Thank you

Offline hypnotic24

I would definitely get a second opinion preferably from a PS that specializes in gyne surgery.  I'm no physician but open wounds and colored discharge after 5 weeks does not sound like "just healing" to me.

Offline Raboze

• Bronze Member
This is not normal. Who was your surgeon?

Offline mr_335i

how un normal is this? and am i at high risk for a staph infection to develop because of open wounds? also do u think it will heal normally? he said my body didnt react well to the stitches

Offline canadianmoobs123

• Bronze Member
Get off the computer ,and go to a doctor, preferably your surgeon, because this is not normal and potentially dangerous.

P.S.  It seems like your surgery didn't fully treat your gyne ; Did you do lipo only?

Offline ineedsurgery

• Bronze Member
Wow man go to the doctor ASAP. Sorry but it looks like were butchered and have puffy nips still. Who was your doctor?

Offline joltera

• Bronze Member
specifically what did your doctor say he was going to do?
f*ck gyne

Offline GQguy

• Posting Member
Details buddy. We need details.

Who was the surgeon. What area are you from? Was it an exision only, lipo only or exision/lipo procedure? Did you wear drains? For how long? Did you wear a vest? For how long? How long were the stitches kept in? Do you have any before pictures? How many cuts did the surgeon do?

No this does not look normal and is cause for concern. The docs here though can give you their expert opinion.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Don't know what you looked like prior to surgery but your surgeon did a classic breast reduction type of procedure which is mainly used for women.  You now have many scars on your chest which will be permanent.  For other readers of this forum, this is the "anchor technique" which has been discussed in other threads.  I never use it.

The problems you have in healing should not be there at five weeks.  Please see your surgeon ASAP and have him look at it.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline EdmondDantes

• Posting Member
Sorry you are having to go through this. I wish you the best possible outcome.

Offline Dr Kapoor

• Bronze Member
    • Dr. Kapoor, Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon
Don't know what you looked like prior to surgery but your surgeon did a classic breast reduction type of procedure which is mainly used for women.  You now have many scars on your chest which will be permanent.  For other readers of this forum, this is the "anchor technique" which has been discussed in other threads.  I never use it.

The problems you have in healing should not be there at five weeks.  Please see your surgeon ASAP and have him look at it.

Dr Jacobs

I agree 100% with Dr Jacobs here....it looks like you had a breast lift procedure with an inverted T type approach, which is not helpful in your case. I'll be seeing you this week and we can go from there....

Offline xelnaga13

Please keep us post; I hope this guys okay.

Offline xelnaga13

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024