Author Topic: Finally having surgery tomorrow...  (Read 2081 times)

Offline rocks456

• Posting Member
Whats up everybody. First off I just wanted to thank everyone on this forum who have shared their stories and lend their support to others on this website. I stumbled on this website roughly 6 years ago, and a few months ago finally decided that I was going to get my gynecomastia taken care of.

I'm 30 years old and have had gyne since I was 13.  I would say that I have a moderate case, but nonetheless it really bothers me, and like many others on this website, having gyne has been a major source of anxiety and shame for me. I saw my GP M.D. and an Endocrinologist and was given the green light to have surgery.

I live in the Bay Area, and after scouring through this website, decided to go with Dr. Miguel Delgado who I recently discovered actually owns this website. Needless to say I am pretty anxious/excited/nervous and can't believe the 3 months since I started this whole process has come and gone and my surgery is going to be tomorrow.

I definitely had a tougher time with gyne during my adolescence, but as I got older grew to accept it a little bit more. It's funny that I actually got really into working out and exercise because I wanted a way to get rid of my gynecomastia when I was a teenager. Like many others here no matter how muscular and lean other parts of my body got, I always had the puffy nipples and fatty tissue in my pecs.

So tomorrow marks a big turning point in my life as I finally am able to have this surgery. Wish me luck, and I'll definitely keep everyone updated to how things go. I'll also be looking for others who are having surgery around the same time for support.

Cheers!!!

Offline nitrox987

• Bronze Member
I had my surgery with Dr Delgado about a year ago, don't worry, you will be in good hands.
Good luck with your surgery!

Offline HellandBack

• Bronze Member
Congrats and good luck im from the bay area! Live in Sacramento now. Let us know how it all goes for you! Best of luck

Offline rocks456

• Posting Member

Offline rocks456

• Posting Member
I had my surgery yesterday and overall it went well. I was so nervous during the surgery preparation they give me a pill to lower my blood pressure and to take the edge off. Once I got into the operating room they hooked me up to the IV and the next thing I knew I was in the recovery room.

There were two nurses in there with me along with my anesthesiologist. They monitored me for about 30 minutes. My surgeon stopped by after surgery to check up on me as well. One of the nurses took my vest and bandages off and gave me a mirror to check out my results. My nipples were completely flat and it looked like I had a flat chest. I didn't really know how to feel about it, I was pretty groggy still, but I know it looked completely different in a good way. I can't wait to take another look when I'm not so groggy.

I'm doing this all on my own so I had a caretaker look after me for the night which Dr. Delgado surgical center arranged for me. She was great, she stayed awake all night and took care of everything I needed till the next  morning. She had a lot of experience doing this with gyne patients so she gave me good tips on how to move around and do my daily activities as safe as possible.

Im roughly 19 hours post op, I am a little sore around the drain sights. I haven't taken any of my pain pills today but will if my pain warrants it. The rest of the day will be all about resting, taking all my meds and vitamins and monitoring my BP and drains. 

I'm scheduled to have my drains taken out on Friday, I'm going to try and not take a peek at my chest again till then. Ill give an update then, and I'll see if I can get my pre-op pics that my surgeon took so I can post them up. To all those who have recently had surgery recover well!!!

Offline nitrox987

• Bronze Member
Glad everything went well.
Take it easy for the next few days. Your mobility will be greatly increased after the drains are removed.

Good luck with your recovery!

Offline Bikkembergs

• Bronze Member
Sounds great Rocks, way to go pal  ;)

Offline rocks456

• Posting Member
This morning was the first time I got a full frontal view of my chest since surgery... and I could not be happier. The incision on my aerola looks good considering its only been 5 days since surgery. My chest is completely flat, aerolas have shrunk to about half their previous size, with no more puffiness. There is some bruising around my armpit area, but everything in my eyes looks really good.

I always hid my gyne by wearing an a-shirt (wifebeater) and a thick black tshirt or button up. This morning I put on, only a thin white t-shirt and there were no moobs to be seen :D My surgeon gave me my pre-op pics, but I'm going to wait till I heal out some more before I post my pics, but just wanted to give a quick update about how I was doing.

Stoked!!!!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024