Author Topic: just glands, or gyno?  (Read 2215 times)

Offline adam

• Posting Member
how would i be able to tell if what I have is just glands, or gyno??

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
If you have overdeveloped glands, then it is gyno.  Although technically, I believe gynecomastia is described as an over sized male breast from excessive glandular tissue, and / or excess fat.  Either way, it's gyno.  Glandular tissue tends to feel more firm under the skin than fat does when you "squeeze" it.  If you feel that firmness under the nipple area, that is likely glandular tissue.
Shakenbake baby, SHAKE N BAKE!!  Ya, that just happened.

Offline adam

• Posting Member
So you can have the glands removed?

Offline adam

• Posting Member
and my mom said that i wouldnt be able to work out or be in football for months? just wondering

Offline HellandBack

• Bronze Member
yea if you get surgery u will be away for a bit. I play football as well i just been wearing the stupid compression tanks since mine kinda hurts when running or if the bench press touches my chest. Pretty annoying, but i don't want to get surgery and have to sit out of football. Training for football started for me last week as far as weights and light running, if yours hasn't and you got a couple months free look into surgery if it bothers you that bad. Hope this helps. As far as your question gland or gyno? Anyone correct me if i am wrong but if you have excessive glandular tissue that equals gynecomastia. Get it looked at if you are unsure

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
I just had the surgery myself on the 12th, and I was told not to do ANYTHING for one week after.  So I booked the week off work, and watched a whole lot of TV and movies  :D.  From the date of surgery, we are instructed not to do any heavy lifting or exercise for one month.  After that, we are free to begin working out and training as you would normally do.  Since football is much more aggressive, they may recommend that you keep from playing or training for 6 weeks from surgery date so you don't injure yourself.  You'll be pretty tender for a few weeks after surgery, and you definitely don't want to hurt yourself because enough time wasn't given to properly heal.  I'm no doctor, but in your case with the football, I would imagine they would recommend taking the full 6 weeks to properly heal.

Offline Azure

• Posting Member
S'n'B's spot on. Give your body time to heal; it's not worth risking. A lot of money's been spent on giving you a chest that the Ladies will be falling over for  ;) so take care of it during the recovery period. Then go out and live your life to the max!

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
No football for months?  That's probably too long, but even if it was correct....you need to consider what's the most IMPORTANT thing. 

Is feeling good about yourself and looking like you're SUPPOSED to look the most important thing, or is being in football the most important thing? 

Is being embarrassed to take off your shirt and teased by your peers bothersome to you?  Would you rather STOP that embarrassment and teasing, or play football? 

Not playing football is only temporary.  Your gyne is for a lifetime unless you take steps to get it taken care of.  I'd do it as soon as possible, if I were you.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024