Author Topic: Consultation went well  (Read 2379 times)

Offline greatlakes

• Silver Member
I had my consultation today with the doc in Illinois. Looks good. I liked what I heard and his bedside manner.

He will not be going in under the nipples... but a small punctures below the pecs on the front. Using a combination of laser, lipo and some sort of "grinder"  for actual tissue, and then suction out. He feels bruising will be minimal.

He is supportive of returning back to weight lifting earlier than I had read elsewhere, but I suppose it depends on the case. I am happy to return to lifting as soon as possible.

I am actually considering combining this with some minor laser lipo elsewhere as it is much cheaper to combine this and do it all at once.

Going to sleep on it for a few days and then schedule the surgery. This is long overdue.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 06:37:21 AM by greatlakes »

Offline masked_1

• Bronze Member
right on man congrats! I myself had that same type of surgery and the results are great
. Im almost two weeks post op and my left side is swollen but from what ive read is very normal. My surgeon used the same tools so all i have is two tiny very unnoticable holes under each arm pit. No cutting on or around my nipple/ areola. Good luck! Feel free to ask any questions

Offline greatlakes

• Silver Member
Thank you very much. Glad to see you had this type as well. I am encouraged by your (and others) positive post op experiences.

I am old enough to remember when there was no internet, or places like this were guys like us could find and support each other.

oh - I suppose for the information of others - I should add that the cost for just the gyno surgery will be $6700

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
I had my surgery done the same way about a month ago.  I am beginning to get feeling back now in the right nipple which is cool!  I didn't expect to get anything back for months!  I hope yours goes as well as masked_1 and mine.  Keep us posted!
Shakenbake baby, SHAKE N BAKE!!  Ya, that just happened.

Offline jb123

• Posting Member
How long of a break did he say you should take before getting back to weights?

I believe my nurse said like 6 weeks but the surgeon said more like 3.

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
The most common answer to that as far as I've ever been told (or heard) is 4 weeks.  I'm 4 weeks now, but still fairly tender.  I am going to give it a bit more time myself, but everyone heals different.  Or maybe I'm a big wuss! LOL! ;D

Offline jb123

• Posting Member
I am going to ask my surgeon's nurse for a timeline when I email her in a couple weeks to give them updated pics.

Do you know what it depends on? Like is it just do what you're comfortable with and what doesn't hurt? Or are there other risks in hitting the gym too early? I'm a bball players and wanna get back at it, but I can play bball for the next 30 years, I only have to heal from this for another month or so, so I might play i safe.

Offline greatlakes

• Silver Member
My surgeon said I could hit the weights fully after just two weeks. He indicated he was a bit more aggressive or open to returning weight lifting than other doctors. I also think he believes he will be removing a good deal of fat vs tissue/gland in my case which may factor into his recommendation.

I am not sure I will resume max weight after two weeks, particularly bench presses, or squats, it is not the thing to do anyway after two weeks of being off. I will probably ease back into it from 2-4 weeks post op and pay careful attention to my own body and how I am doing.

I am more than a bit curious if the surgery will reveal "some" pecs (show muscle) afterwards, or will I be flat like in some photos. I am into strength training rather then bodybuilding but I feel I have added some nice muscle elsewhere after two years of lifting.

Surgery is set near the end March.

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
I had my 4 week post op consult yesterday, and I asked him about exercise.  He said I'm good to go, but pay attention to your body!  Don't push too hard if it doesn't feel right.  That's your body telling you to slow it down (or stop! Depending on what you are doing  :D).  So as long as you feel alright, I think it's basically a green light to go for it!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024