Author Topic: Gynecomastia or Cancer?  (Read 2864 times)

Offline bestever

I was just curious as to if there is a way that i can figure out if i have Gynecomastia or if i have Breast cancer, im sure i have Gynecomastia, but i want to be positive, Ive had enlarged nipples since about middle school now, and i am a junior in high school now. Thanks

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Actually a very good question.

First, Gynecomastia is very common. So common that any male who goes through life without ever having it is probably in the minority by a long way.

Second, While breast cancer does occur in males, it it not common and most of the cases seem to involve men in their middle years and older.

Based upon these two things alone, it is highly unlikely that you have breast cancer but also highly probable that you do have Gynecomastia.

There is nothing you could do yourself to completely eliminate the possibility, but I am reasonably sure that a trip to see your Doctor could put your mind at rest.
Grandpa Dan

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
99% guaranteed it's gyne.  i also mistakenly assumed it was cancer in remission till i discovered these boards in 2003 and learned what gyne is.  people assume since they hear about women looking for lumps that that must be what this is and they're toast.  

it's not, and you're not toast.  this can be fixed :)
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
HHH You have been away for too long. Nice to have you back.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i'm like a bad case of athlete's foot, i just come and go  :D

nice to see you again too, always good to get back, this is a pretty special site it its unique way.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024