Author Topic: 4 days until surgery with karidis(08/05/12)  (Read 4637 times)

Offline LondonGuy

• Posting Member
hmmm, thats a shame about the lack of patient-doctor time. When you do speak to him, does he at least seem like a person you can talk to on a human level? His talent is priority, but its does make me feel a little unnerved about my own consultation and op coming up.

Offline sparta

• Bronze Member
1 week post op

i think things are going quite well. i like how flat my chest is. i am just waiting for the scar tissue to kick in.

my incisions have all but healed up but i will keep the plasters on until friday which will be 10 days. the most annoying thing is still the compression vest, i am counting down the days until next tuesday when i can take it off during the day

i dont have that much swelling but still a bit bruised

i got an email telling me what i had taken out

750mls of fat altogether
9g of gland on my right side
5g of gland on my left side

i knew my right side was bigger so that part never surprised me but i was expecting more gland to come out after what i read of other people on here

Offline ChestMan

• Silver Member
Hi Sparta,

I haven't received and email and have no idea how much they took out. I think I'm going to hit them with one now to see what the deal is.

I'm OK with the compression vest now. It almost feels like a second skin...I wore mine for 3 weeks and have now taken it off during the day. I don't know when I'll stop wearing it at night - I hope you can't overdo it...

LondonGuy - don't worry too much about not seeing too much of Karidis. While, you'll only see him for about a total of 10 minutes consulation and op combined, he says enough to make sure you know you're in safe hands....I'd rather know that I'm good hands than have a chatty surgeon.

Offline sparta

• Bronze Member
i am so annoyed at the moment

i received a letter today from the hospital, even though i asked specifically not to be sent anything through the post. my mother saw it and started asking why i was receiving letters from a london hospital

it looked like some sort of receipt asking for me to pay them by cheque, even though i have already paid them. it says the amount due is £0 so hopefully, at least, there is no error in them thinking i owe them money

trust them to send this letter on the first day my parents are back from holiday too

you pay a whole lot of money to do something private and they cant even get something like this right. i emailed the staff with karidis and she says she will look into it

so pissed off right now

Offline captain chesty

• Silver Member
I got a letter through to my home address this morning from the Birmingham hospital with 'hospital consultant' showing. Its not really a big deal but I'm trying to keep it covert and of course my mum sees it as she collects the post and asks me about it. Fortunately it didn't say gynecomastia or plastic surgery or something obvious like that so I was able to make an excuse. I was a little annoyed though because I asked for any letters to be discreet beforehand. 
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 03:15:20 PM by captain chesty »

Offline captain chesty

• Silver Member
anyway mate, hows it all going post-op?

Offline thetodd

Just a pre warning, you may get a Christmas card from them. Its just bog standard with "Merry Christmas from the lloretto clinic"

Cracked me up when i got it, was quite a decent card actually. The problem is that StJohns/Lorretto are two separate bodies so if you say to Karidis's lot dont send me post then theyd also in turn have to tell StJohns ,which they probably forgot.

If your mum asks you again just say its was from a fundraiser you done through work or something, and they sent you a thank you note.
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline sparta

• Bronze Member
3 weeks post op

i am quite pleased how things are going. i think i have got a bit of scar tissue, mostly on the right side. the scar tissue is not as bad as i imagined it would be. i want to start massaging later this week or next week after i dont have to wear the compression vest anymore

what type of oil did everyone use? what stuff can you get from boots which would be good? can you get the bio oil i have seen mentioned in boots?

Offline sparta

• Bronze Member
is it still normal for the chest to be sore 24 days post op? i only really feel it when i dig my fingers in around my chest or when i am stretching

i bought 200ml of bio oil today for £19.99 from boots. how long should last me if i massage twice a day?

there was a 65ml for £8.99 but i didnt bother buying that incase i ran out

would i recommend gyne to somebody? if it is all that bothers you about yourself then definitely. i cant really have too many complaints of how it has turned out. i wore quite a tight t shirt the other day to work which i would never have worn otherwise. i also wore quite a tight jumper out last week which i refused to wear in the past

but to be honest, i think my insecurities run much deeper than gyno to be honest. there are other parts of me which i have always disliked but i am now focussing on them more and beginning to hate them. i was even looking at cosmetic options on the net the other night

i know people always say everyone has 1 flaw about them that they hate but i feel like i have had 4 or 5 that i have had to live with it. sometimes i think i am cursed

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024