Author Topic: 20 Years Old - Surgery with Karidis - 1st Sep 2012 (Recovering) - Photo Updates  (Read 23861 times)

Offline darkstar

• Silver Member

Offline thetodd

Looks great man

You haven't really needed much removed in the way of gland/fat i think i had three more times removed than you. So hopefully once the swelling goes down, scar tissue wont be a huge issue for you! Kick back and enjoy a few days in bed
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline enom

• Bronze Member
Looks great man

You haven't really needed much removed in the way of gland/fat i think i had three more times removed than you. So hopefully once the swelling goes down, scar tissue wont be a huge issue for you! Kick back and enjoy a few days in bed

Thanks mate, you've been a great help for everything and helped motivate me to get it done.

A quick question regarding arnica tablets. I wasn't given any by Karidis but I have picked some up from boots which is 30c strong. But on the letter of support from Karidis it says 200c and I'm unable to find this strength. Think I'll be ok taking the 30c's?

Offline thetodd

Yeah it probably wont make any difference either way to be honest but take what you bought from boots don't shop around for any more. It probably wont make any difference taking it or not, but since you've bought some take what you've got ;)

Offline lucky8

• Posting Member
A quick question regarding arnica tablets. I wasn't given any by Karidis but I have picked some up from boots which is 30c strong. But on the letter of support from Karidis it says 200c and I'm unable to find this strength. Think I'll be ok taking the 30c's?

Hi Enom, hope the healing is going well. RE Arnica, check your info pack from Dr. Karidis - I found a small pack of tablets stapled to a sheet of paper with instructions "one tablet (200c) five times a day for five days" but as Thetodd says these are optional may/or not provide any benefit so I wouldn't sweat about it.

Offline Dom

• Posting Member
Hey enom great results, looking very flat.... We had surgery same day, I was third I think, the nurse said Karidis was doing 5 others on that Saturday so a busy day not to sure if they were all gyno, was you in the morning or afternoon?

As for the arnica, I don't see there being much difference between the 30c and 200c, just that they have different concentrations, in your case I believe the 30c has a higher concentration which you take 2-3 times a day as opposed to the 200c which is 5 times a day.

Offline enom

• Bronze Member
Hey enom great results, looking very flat.... We had surgery same day, I was third I think, the nurse said Karidis was doing 5 others on that Saturday so a busy day not to sure if they were all gyno, was you in the morning or afternoon?

As for the arnica, I don't see there being much difference between the 30c and 200c, just that they have different concentrations, in your case I believe the 30c has a higher concentration which you take 2-3 times a day as opposed to the 200c which is 5 times a day.

Hey Dom,

I went in first thing at 8.30am and was back in my bed by 9.30. I was also told that Karidis was doing 5 operations.

How did your operation go? Happy with the results so far? How are you feeling?

On the arnica front I don't think I'm going to continue to take it. I've been taking 2 tablets of 30c every two hours as instructed on the back of the bottle. However since I've started taking it, my urine has been pretty dark so I think my body is just chucking it straight back out. It also takes me a while to get started to urinate which I think is side effect of the GA.

On another front, I haven't had a bowel movement yet which is also worrying me. I think it might be the pain killers causing this.

Offline Dom

• Posting Member
Yeah very pleased with the results mate, flatter than what i expected, couldn't have asked for more.

I still haven't done a number 2 either, the nurse warned me the co-drydamol might cause this and to take 2 senokot laxative tablets before bed which I did last night and still nothing, however I have been passing a lot of wind so hopefully it is a sign of things to come haha.

So i'll take another 2 senokot tonight, i'm sure that will do the trick.

Just hang in there mate, once you get off the painkillers you'll be back to normal lol

Offline rasputin

• Silver Member
Lack of bowel movements is the norm. But seriously, you need to eat butt loads of this and you'll be sorted...

Also on the arnica, I took it for maybe 2 or 3 days and just chucked it. I didn't have any problems without it.
My Trip Report (Preop & Postop pics).

Offline Dom

• Posting Member
Another alternative is this stuff Calfig Syrup,

Senokot and senna tablets never worked for the past two days.. but this has sorted me right out.

Got it in ASDA's last night for £2.00

Offline enom

• Bronze Member
I stopped taking the pain medication last night even though I have 3 days of it left and I'm in no pain what so ever, just a little bit itchy.

Offline enom

• Bronze Member
Are you supposed to keep plasters across the incisions underneath the armpits?

Offline darkstar

• Silver Member
I took mine off 5 days post-op. Both were healed. Just have some scissors handy if it's stuck on armpit hair.

Offline enom

• Bronze Member
I took mine off 5 days post-op. Both were healed. Just have some scissors handy if it's stuck on armpit hair.

The problem is the damn buggers keep coming off!

The incisions look healed, think it's safe to not have them anymore?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024