Author Topic: So Merle Yost founded gynecomastia.org?  (Read 1929 times)

Offline daboul

thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2007/11/08/off-their-chests.html

Offline Dlink

• Bronze Member
Yes and the website was a lot better when he was running it.

You could upload pictures(now you can only upload very small low quality pictures) and you could link to other website as well as websites within gynecomastia.org.

I wish he was still running it. I can't even reference a pictures or another post of gynecomastia.org anymore, its kind of ridiculous in my opinion.

The new owner should have left well enough alone.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
As a person who served as a site moderator when Merle owned the site, I can tell you that the practice of allowing links to be posted was a genuine headache and had to be done away with. I am not certain, but the banning of links may have predated the new ownership.

In the past, people would post links to all sorts of bogus cures and policing the site to get rid of that spam had become a full time job. The elimination of all that trash was actually a great improvement.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Dlink

• Bronze Member
As a person who served as a site moderator when Merle owned the site, I can tell you that the practice of allowing links to be posted was a genuine headache and had to be done away with. I am not certain, but the banning of links may have predated the new ownership.

In the past, people would post links to all sorts of bogus cures and policing the site to get rid of that spam had become a full time job. The elimination of all that trash was actually a great improvement.

You can ban the people who are spamming but also ban their site site or even IP address range.

I don't see how banning everything including " gynecomastia.org" is helping anything. There was some " miracle" pill or something that you could ban anything that was close to that website. You could also have ways that users could mark a post as spam and if enough users marked it as spam, it would be marked it as spam. That is what a lot of websites do.

The TSA and NSA treating every single American citizen as a terrorist is not the answer and either is blocking every single link including gynecomastia.org.
This is kind of silly.

I mean, come on, is Gynecomastia.org considered a spam site too?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024