Author Topic: Found out today I only got excision, WHAT!!!  (Read 5164 times)

Offline Ali19

• Silver Member
Doctor told me today he did no lipo and on excision at my first and only post op meeting 4 weeks after surgery, first thing I did when I got home was looked it up, and I'm very worried after reading that for a good surgery result, u need to have both excision and lipo.

and I read the only time where it might be ok is if u have low bf, and tbh i dont even have anything close to that, i was/still am pretty overight, with a huge belly, and a lot of fat throughout my body.

this was me pre op, these pictures were taken one yr b4 surgery where i was even 10 pounds lighter than b4 surgery.

3 days post op

now though 28 days post op, my nipples are back puffy (sticking out), scar tissue under nipples, fluid build up.

i understand that all those go away without time, and im fine with that, but my question is why the hell didnt my PS do lipo? it's not even like I have low bf.

Offline cduub

• Silver Member
Mine did the same thing,im 7 months post op just recently got kenolog injections to help scar tissue because my nipples were still puffy. They say give it time and I still am,the injections seem to be speeding up the healing veeeery sloooowly.

Offline Ali19

• Silver Member
what frustreates me even more is this PS does numerous surgeries and is really a top notch doctor (Wayne perron/frank ryan in cgy) so when almost ALL of the surgeons suggest both lipo/excision should be done, than why does this "top" surgeon not feel the same way and think excision alone is fine?

Offline cduub

• Silver Member
Since hes a top notch surgeon I think you should calm down and trust his judgment. Remember after the surgery the healing process starts which is a pain in the azz. Im 7 months post op still having scar tissue problems. They only give you kenalog injections months after surgery because its safe to. They say if it was nice and flat after surgery then thats how the final result will look after healing.In my opinion I dont care that I only had incision because my only problem is the puffiness around the aureola area. The shot was given just 4 days ago but i do notice the tissue softening up,they say it takes 3-4 weeks for it to fully work and possibly another injection after.Im telling you this because this may be the road you have to walk in this crazy gyno journey but at least you know your not alone.

Offline Ali19

• Silver Member
Since hes a top notch surgeon I think you should calm down and trust his judgment. Remember after the surgery the healing process starts which is a pain in the azz. Im 7 months post op still having scar tissue problems. They only give you kenalog injections months after surgery because its safe to. They say if it was nice and flat after surgery then thats how the final result will look after healing.In my opinion I dont care that I only had incision because my only problem is the puffiness around the aureola area. The shot was given just 4 days ago but i do notice the tissue softening up,they say it takes 3-4 weeks for it to fully work and possibly another injection after.Im telling you this because this may be the road you have to walk in this crazy gyno journey but at least you know your not alone.

my post above.

now though 28 days post op, my nipples are back puffy (sticking out), scar tissue under nipples, fluid build up.

i understand that all those go away without time, and im fine with that, but my question is why the hell didnt my PS do lipo? it's not even like I have low bf.

thanks for the other advice man, but i just wanna know why he did excision only, i know the recovery process of scar tissue/fluid and am not complaining about that or the puffy nipples.

Offline cduub

• Silver Member
If you look at the pics you put up you can clearly see that your chest is pretty flat only with protruding nipples around the areola. Most of the gyno surgeons do both but both is not always necessary,but they do recommend both because thats theyre mothod. Lipo wont cure puffy nipples its more for the contour of the chest only incision through the nipple gets rid of puffy nipples. Think of it like this,if you did lipo only would you still have gland tissue in your chest? of course you would because its used for the contour of the chest.Just relax and give it time before you judge.

Offline Ali19

• Silver Member
good advice man, appreciate it, countour does look pretty good, but pretty much EVERY doctor's reponse ive read on this site on the issue, they say excision alone is a big no no and even on slim guys it's a big no no, and im not even skinny, so even on skinny guys PS should do lipo and I'm overweight and ur not doing lipo on me, im sure this tells u why im so concerned.

Offline cduub

• Silver Member
I understand. Your contour is on point just get rid of the puffys and your on your way. Good luck mate and remember to give it time to heal and settle im in the same boat.

Offline siphon

• Silver Member
Hey Ali, I had my surgery with perron too so give it time. Been 4 weeks for me as well so I'm just trying to be patient. He did Lipo only because I had excision a few years ago. Contour has been good so far but still some swelling going on behind the nipple. He said we could look at it again in November to get a better idea of the final outcome. I'm still keeping on the binder as often as I can but I've left it off for a few hours here send there if I'm going out.
What day was your surgery?
Are u still wearing your binder?
I have faith in his procedure so I'm just trying to get in better shape now so I can see that final outcome I hope for.
Be patient but if youre not satisfied he seems more than willing to redo, as annoying as that would be tho!  Good luck

Offline xelnaga13

good advice man, appreciate it, countour does look pretty good, but pretty much EVERY doctor's reponse ive read on this site on the issue, they say excision alone is a big no no and even on slim guys it's a big no no, and im not even skinny, so even on skinny guys PS should do lipo and I'm overweight and ur not doing lipo on me, im sure this tells u why im so concerned.

I agree with your concern. I had surgery with low BF; and my surgeon refused to operate on me unless i agreed to lipo as well. Because he wouldn't compromise the end result in order for me to save money .

If your goal is to remove the gland thats fine, but lipo+gland is much better for restoring a masculine chest.

Offline Ali19

• Silver Member
Hey Ali, I had my surgery with perron too so give it time. Been 4 weeks for me as well so I'm just trying to be patient. He did Lipo only because I had excision a few years ago. Contour has been good so far but still some swelling going on behind the nipple. He said we could look at it again in November to get a better idea of the final outcome. I'm still keeping on the binder as often as I can but I've left it off for a few hours here send there if I'm going out.
What day was your surgery?
Are u still wearing your binder?
I have faith in his procedure so I'm just trying to get in better shape now so I can see that final outcome I hope for.
Be patient but if youre not satisfied he seems more than willing to redo, as annoying as that would be tho!  Good luck

surgery was on the 20th of july with ryan frank btw not wayne perron, but they use the same office and have the same staff apparently.

still wearing the binder yes.

Offline nomore-jiggles

• Posting Member
Ok if your bottom pics are post op and is what you look like now, you're in good shape.  believe me if your doctor only gave you lipo without excision you would be pissed.  If I had to choose between which one I would take excision every time.  LIPO alone never works.  I think you'll turn out good.  Like cduub said, Time is on your side. Just take comfort in knowing that the hard part is over. Now you can just sit back and watch the transformation process take place. Take it nice and slow.

Offline Ali19

• Silver Member
Ok if your bottom pics are post op and is what you look like now, you're in good shape.  believe me if your doctor only gave you lipo without excision you would be pissed.  If I had to choose between which one I would take excision every time.  LIPO alone never works.  I think you'll turn out good.  Like cduub said, Time is on your side. Just take comfort in knowing that the hard part is over. Now you can just sit back and watch the transformation process take place. Take it nice and slow.

yeah, but all doctors reccommend both lipo and excision should be done, I never said I'd rather have lipo only or excision only, im talking about why not both? like ALL docs reccommend.

Offline Wonderman

• Posting Member
My surgery was three weeks ago and was lipo only.  So far I am not liking the results.  My PS, suggested that I could get a "manly" look without excision.  So all docs don't recommend both, but like you I am wondering why he didn't.

Hope you eventually get the results you want. 

Offline Hi_Top_Guy

• Silver Member
From what I've read, excision get rid of the gland which is causing the puffy nipples and then the lipo gets rid of the excess fat and breast tissue that develops there.

In some cases, both are not necessary, especially if you have no gland and it's all fat, at least that's what I read.

I myself had both, but there was a need because I had puffy/pointy nipples and breast tissue that made my chest heave up and down and jiggle when I moved.

Maybe the reason you only got excision, Ali19, is because your doctor didn't think it was enough fat/breast tissue to take out with lipo? Maybe he didn't want to give you crater deformities if you didn't have enough to lipo out.

Wonderman, that's interesting that your doctor was the opposite. Maybe you didn't have pointy/puffy nipples? Did he explain why only one and not the other?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024