Author Topic: gynecomastia and verecocele  (Read 1450 times)

Offline seb

fellow brothers

most of us are in search to get rid off the gynecomastia,but we have not focused into "why have it occurred?". i got recently diagnosed with verecocele and when i surfed internet i found some articles and forums supporting the fact that verecocele might be the reason behind the gynecomastia.so am asking all my friends to check yourself and make sure you are not having gynecomastia because of verecocele.if it is of verecocele you better treat it first :)

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Yes, there is a positive association of gynecomastia with varicocele, but the exact reasons for cause and effect have not be fully determined, except to say that it may have interfered with hormone balances.

For those whose gyne preceded their varicocele, common sense would seem to dictate that the two are unrelated.

In general, though, once gynecomastia has been established for several years, no treatment of other possible causative reasons will make the gyne disappear on its own -- it would require separate surgery.

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline seb

@ Dr. Elliot Jacobs
thank you doctor for that valuable suggestion. I was under the impression that if i did the treatment for verecocele,gynecomastia would get disappeared .One post in this website, calming  treatment for verecocele can diminish  gynecomastia strengthened my doubt.i have been diagnosed with verecocele of  grade 3+ on the left side of scrotum  and a grade 1 on right side,adding to that i am having gynecomastia from my 13th age and am 23 now,i wish every thing get sort out soon.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024