Author Topic: Can you buy into the AAAASF(American Association for Accreditation of Ambula) ?  (Read 1212 times)

Offline letsfixthis

• Silver Member

Hello.

I was just wondering how important it was to find a doctor who operated in a AAAASF location ( American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities )

Can doctors buy into this group or how exactly does it work? Also, how important is it that you find a doctor who operates in a AAAASF?

Thanks.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I worked in Hospitals most of my working life and the accreditation inspection caused me many a headache. They check really stupid things and they can be really anal. My involvement was strictly from the facility standpoint. They wanted to know how wide the doors were, How many elevators and how big they were.

OK, get the picture? It was a facility inspection and did not involve the Doctors as they had their own certification process.

It was strictly a pass/fail situation. If the standard width for a corridor was missed by an inch they could fail you. On the other hand, if you could prove to them that two hospital beds could pass in opposite directions in the corridor they would probably let it go. It was weird and you could not buy a passing grade.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024