Author Topic: My surgery with Levick  (Read 5705 times)

Offline JackY16

• Posting Member
Your pics look awesome, he's done a really good job, how are you feeling now? I take it your not wearing your vest anymore (apart from at night)? I'm 12days post op at the moment and it still looks like I've got a left puffy nipple but my right ones fine, just my left one with that type of 'mountain' look about it-_-

Anyway is the swelling gone down significantly in your chest? Or is it still there?

Offline turbouk

• Posting Member
Looking good, would be good to see an update now things are settling a little!

Offline FrankMartin

• Posting Member
Ah yeah, haven't updated for a while been busy then on holiday.

Like 6 weeks since my surgery now. Wore my vest for 4 weeks straight, then swapped it to just day times. Might be a bit unusual but I find it less annoying during the day. I haven't worn it at all the last week because I'm on holiday and it's far too hot. Wearing plenty of tees though.

My incisions are pretty much done. Still got a bit of scar tissue under the surface but some red marks are all that is left. Scar tissue on my chest is lessened but still there. The main issue is swelling under the nipple. After a couple of hours my nipples get a bit puffy, kind of domed. I'm guessing this is just the remaining swelling showing at the weakest point, if you get my meaning.

I'll upload some more pics when I get back home, but there isn't much to see, no bruising or anything. The only thing to see is the nipple swelling I guess.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 11:53:10 AM by FrankMartin »

Offline FrankMartin

• Posting Member
Been really bad with updating this. I'll put pics up soon, some reason site won't let me log in on my computer. All going well hence the lack of updates, still got some scar tissue but it's breaking up. Got full movement and I'm back working out as before no problems. Only thing I am concerned about is the scar tissue behind the nipple meaning I have a bit of a raised look, not much fat there so when I tense the muscle it really pops. I guess I'll have to perhaps ask Levick what he thinks about that.

Offline AchillesUK

• Silver Member
Been really bad with updating this. I'll put pics up soon, some reason site won't let me log in on my computer. All going well hence the lack of updates, still got some scar tissue but it's breaking up. Got full movement and I'm back working out as before no problems. Only thing I am concerned about is the scar tissue behind the nipple meaning I have a bit of a raised look, not much fat there so when I tense the muscle it really pops. I guess I'll have to perhaps ask Levick what he thinks about that.

I know what you mean, I've got scar tissue/bruising behind my right nipple and it still looks as though I have manboobs. Started massaging yesterday, hoping that will help. Do you feel the massaging has helped you at all?

Offline FrankMartin

• Posting Member
It's hard to say really not sure how much is healing and how much is as a result of massage, although I haven't been as regular with that as perhaps I should.

Offline Pdc41

• Posting Member
Hi

Firstly sorry to post this under another topic but it seems the only way I can beg a message in this board.

I have been suffering. With moobs for longer than I can honestly remember and finally need to get them done, but also in a hurry as going on holiday October, with my son and another family and I can not stand the embarrassment anymore or for my son who is old enough to notice but too young to understand it's not a nice thing to talk about ...hope that makes sense.

I have some questions...

I have a appointment with Dr Levick, but concerned the rep seems to be a number of posters who have issues,,, scar tissue, sunken nipples, etc etc. is he as good as people say or should I look elsewhere?

How long can I realistically expect to the healing to take ie will six weeks be enough to allow me to take shirt off when on holiday

As anyone tired vase lipo, been for a consultation and they did say I had a gland as well so unlikely to be flat but wondered if anyone tried it and results

Any other advise welcome..

Thanks

Offline AchillesUK

• Silver Member
Hi

Firstly sorry to post this under another topic but it seems the only way I can beg a message in this board.

I have been suffering. With moobs for longer than I can honestly remember and finally need to get them done, but also in a hurry as going on holiday October, with my son and another family and I can not stand the embarrassment anymore or for my son who is old enough to notice but too young to understand it's not a nice thing to talk about ...hope that makes sense.

I have some questions...

I have a appointment with Dr Levick, but concerned the rep seems to be a number of posters who have issues,,, scar tissue, sunken nipples, etc etc. is he as good as people say or should I look elsewhere?

How long can I realistically expect to the healing to take ie will six weeks be enough to allow me to take shirt off when on holiday

As anyone tired vase lipo, been for a consultation and they did say I had a gland as well so unlikely to be flat but wondered if anyone tried it and results

Thanks

I guess everyone's recovery is different. However as a short answer to your 6 week question, I certainly would not feel comfortable going shirtless. I hit the 6 week mark yesterday and there's a fair amount of scar tissue on one side under the nipple which still makes it look like a manboob. Having seen some other pictures, however, some people have looked pretty good even a couple of weeks after surgery.

In the brochure Mr Levick's office provides it says you can expect scar tissue to take up to a year to completely disappear.

My 2 cents - just go for it. By the sounds of it you've had it for many years and whether you'll bein beach shape by october or not, its a long term iinvestment for the rest of your life. If you're looking good by October then just take it as a bonus.

Offline FrankMartin

• Posting Member
I have some questions...

Thanks
Firstly I would say, the general wisdom on these boards seems to be unless you're going to the US, there are two names you'll see repeated, Levick is one of them. From what I've seen looking over the years, its just down to travel, cost and technique. I don't think one does noticeably better work than the other. People are always going to have issues after procedures and with this people are especially worried about anything. Scar tissue is going to be given, you can rip all that gland and fat out without the body going through a healing process. I think we're just eager for it to dissipate, but the current posters are all well within the range it would be normal. Speaking for myself, a lot of my complains are my own really, I know there is scar tissue but someone walking past me if I had my shirt off probably wouldn't.

Vase might help but if you've got gland, you need it remove to have a gyne free result. Its a fair bit of money to spend for an sub par outcome. I'd advise going to have a consultation with either karidis or levick, and seeing what they have to say. Depends when in Oct you're going on holiday, and when they could fit you in but you might be pushing it a bit for a shirt free holiday. I was at about 6 week, before I think I would have been comfortable going shirtless and even then I wouldn't have wanted close inspection. Regardless, even if you are 100% ready, it makes a difference in what you can wear t-shirt wise, and just in terms of confidence. 

On the topic of my surgery. I'm taking massage more seriously, making sure its regular and meaningful. Now the hot weather has passed, I'm back to wearing my vest. Not that there is much swelling but I figure it can't hurt. End of the month should be the 3 months mark, so I'll put some pics up then (now I can access the site on my computer again) and I'll send some off to Levick and see what he thinks. I'm kind of aware that I'm probably a bit impatient so I'm trying to temper that, and not bug him while I'm clearly still healing.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024