Author Topic: Do I have gyno?  (Read 985 times)

Offline botbotbot

I know this is asked a lot, but I've never given my story or gotten a response.

My boobs aren't saggy. They are kind of a cone shape. They aren't pointy, but they stick about 2 inches out. They are almost impossible to hide.

My nipples aren't puffy. I don't have lumps behind my nipples. I don't feel pain when I press them.

I am 16 years old (turn 17 in March) and I'm 5'11'' 178 lbs.. I'm not fat but I'm not the skinniest. I'm average I guess you could say. I feel like losing weight will just make them more visible.

The main reason I am scared that I might have gyno is that my dad has it. My brother has puffy nipples but his boobs aren't big and it doesn't bother him at all. Mine on the other hand, are pretty damn large.

I know its hard to distinguish if it's gyno without pics, I apologize for not uploading any. It's very difficult to get pics on my PC.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Any excess tissue on a male chest can technically be considered gynecomastia.  It doesn't matter what shape it is, whether you can "feel" something or not, how big or small it is.  A small amount of breast tissue is present in 100% of males.  In gynecomastia, there is usually an increase in both breast tissue and fat -- the ratio will vary considerably.

Gynecomastia is frequently hereditary -- so if you have a father and a brother with it, you too may be a "beneficiary" of the gyne gene.

Would absolutely not panic.  If you have developed it recently, just give it at least two or more years -- there is a chance that it can regress spontaneously.  If not, and only if it bothers you, you can consider a consultation with a plastic surgeon -- preferably an expert in gyne surgery.

Hope this has helped.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024