Author Topic: Can Unilateral Become Bilateral?  (Read 2048 times)

Offline madden20

• Posting Member
This may sound like a stupid question but I had an ultrasound already done on both sides and they told me the left was gyno didn't say anything on the right side.  But however the last few days I've felt a tender sensation on the right side just like I have on the left side.  The right side however is not very large as of right now.  I can feel a pea sized lump in my left side compared to around a quarter on the left side which is where I'm having the major problem.  The right side is not blown up like my left side but again I'm getting the tender sensation.  Also I'm noticing I'm getting clear fluid discharge just like I'm getting on the left side.  I've already had my bloodwork and hormone levels tested everything was normal except I had slightly elevated prolactin and high bilirubin.  I'm not sure what would be causing this I'm around the same weight I've been for the past 2 years, my diet is the same, I've been on and off an antidepressant at 2 different occasions but I don't think that is the cause, and I don't take any drugs or have never used any steroids.  Non drinker and non smoker just turned 22 a couple months ago. 

Only other problems I'm having right now are that I have watery eyes, a strange tired feeling in my head but my body feels fine, and having trouble getting an erection.  I mean I don't know what else there is to get done seems like I've had about every type of test done that I could possibly have.  I really don't want to get surgery done, I can live with having big nipples if that's what's going to happened to my right side as well.  It's not there yet hopefully it doesn't blow up like my left side has but I'm getting the same tender sensation and the clear discharge like my left one has.

Offline madden20

• Posting Member

Offline madden20

• Posting Member
Like I will go days without getting any kind of erection, which is extremely unusual never had this happened before.  But I've already had blood drawn and my estrogen levels were normal.  I'm not sure what other tests they ran but that's all I really know and I had slightly elevated prolactin and high bilirubin.

Offline Hedgehog

• Posting Member
High prolactin levels in men suppresses testosterone levels.  Also, prolactin stimulates the growth of breast tissue. Having your Testosterone suppressed  has the net effect of increasing the ratio of oestrogen in your body which can also increase breast tissue.

Although I do not have difficulties with erections my prolactin levels are incredibly high.  The cause in your case, as could be with me, is a benign brain tumour in the pituitary gland called a prolactinoma.  To know for certain you will need an MRI scan which is what I am doing on Friday.

Best of luck

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Actually what is unusual is perfect symmetry. There is almost always some variation from one side to the other.  But to answer your question, anything could happen but the chances are very slim.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
Prolactin can be caused by number of prescription drugs and various herbs.  Things can be complicated because that could be a secondary effect.  Have you had your thyroid tested?   Prolactin has a tendency to delay orgasm and not so much to bother erections.  For instance how high or low was your active testosterone?

If there is a tumor then that will show up if it is large enough to resolve.  Lots of times there is no obvious explanation or it takes longer to show up. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024