Author Topic: doctor appointment and what shirts to wear  (Read 2104 times)

Offline zoidberg

• Posting Member
i should be seeing a doctor soon for what looks very much like low testosterone - i may not be able to afford much in the way of tests, so are there any specific things to test for or certain tests that may help?  also, in the meantime i'm wondering what kinds of shirts or combination of layers might hide my chest some, but with summer coming up, heat will be an issue, thanks for any help :)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The shirt Question has not been asked in a long time.

The first thing is to avoid knits.  Polo Shirts and Tees are not good.  Golf shirts are not good either.

So woven shirts that button down the front. Plaids are better than solids.  You want a shirt that is straight round the bottom and meant to be worn loose instead of tucked in.   Two breast pockets instead of one and leave them empty.

There is one style of solid color shirt that does cover pretty well. They are the Guyabera Shirts.  Sometimes called wedding shirts by people in tropical countries. They are a bit dressy and they are worn loose but the have usually four pockets and vertical trim of the same color on both sides of the front.  All the pockets and trim conceal things quite well.   
Grandpa Dan

Offline zoidberg

• Posting Member
thanks, i'm noticing that some shirts i have are just not working. wearing a couple of layers helps alot, and a sweat top really works, but with summer... well, at 100° that changes things some. one thing that surprises me is that i'm noticing more how many guys have this condition and i'm feeling like i stand out less, just hard to deal with how this feels though. wearing shirts that work better will help alot :(

Offline MammaryMan

• Bronze Member
i should be seeing a doctor soon for what looks very much like low testosterone -

Actually, it's the FREE testosterone that counts. So you should have that tested. Also if your SHBG (sex hormone binding globulin) is high, this could be binding up your testosterone, preventing it from being active. Unfortunately, there is not much you can do to lower your SHBG

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024