Author Topic: Surgery questions  (Read 2690 times)

Offline littes

• Posting Member
Hi all,

Actually I asked something similar in 'ask a doctor'... but maybe here I've more visibility. Apologize for the double topic  ;)

What kind of questions can I ask to have a full overview in case I decide for surgery (I've a severe case of gynecomastia with gland hypertrophy and a lot of fat and excessive skin and quite thin / pale skin type... maybe I'll add a pic later).

Any suggestions would be helpful!

Thanks!!

hammer

You say you have a severe case, one persons severe case is anothers no big deal! Pictures would help us advise.

BTW, I'm a 46H, now that's a severe case, but I've got a ton of health reasons that caused them!

Offline littes

• Posting Member
Here's a pic of my breasts  :'(

hammer

Yes, you do have breast! Not as big as mine yet but you do have breast!

One thing you need to think about, after you find out WHY you have breast, if you haven't done that yet, and this is one of the big reasons I would never have surgery, is what are you going to look like after surgery?
You will need major work done to get rid of extra skin, re-position you nipples and may end up with more scares that will look worse then you look now.

If you have not, you need to find a endocrinologist get your hormones checked.

I've had bigger breast all my life and learn to accept them, however not everyone can or should have to. If you what you can read my story in stories "my story after all these years". You can see my size there or in "acceptance" I'm bigger then I thought.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 04:12:56 PM by hammer »

Offline chiguy10

• Posting Member
Your situation is similar to mine.
I'm in my 60's now and wish I'd found this place sooner.
I've been to 4 doctors and now settled on one that has I believe the best plan for me.
Weight loss, (not a cure but helpful)good nutrition and muscle tone is my goal now.
I want to be in the best shape for this.
 In my case (and I would guess yours) the doctor will be performing what amounts to a double mastectomy.
 Good luck!

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member
Hi all,

Actually I asked something similar in 'ask a doctor'... but maybe here I've more visibility. Apologize for the double topic  ;)

What kind of questions can I ask to have a full overview in case I decide for surgery (I've a severe case of gynecomastia with gland hypertrophy and a lot of fat and excessive skin and quite thin / pale skin type... maybe I'll add a pic later).

Any suggestions would be helpful!

Thanks!!

Hello!

Quite frankly, I would lose weight before even going for a surgery consultation.  I myself did lose some weight before my own surgery. 

It's been repeatedly mentioned on this forum that one needs to be at his lowest and most stable weight before opting for surgery.

Sorry for being so direct.  By no means, I meant to be rude to you.

Good luck!
---Bobby

Offline littes

• Posting Member
Tank you so much for your answers!!

I'll take some time later to reply to the single points... and if you have more answers to add, please do.

Offline littes

• Posting Member
So... thanks for your answers!

I developed breasts due to severe hormonal problems during my teen years till I was about 20. Now I've quite a normal level and balance. But anyway I'm usually checked by my endocrinologist.

Hammer, you centered the point about surgery. I was told during a first visit that there's a lot of gland/tissue and extra skin to be removed and also nipple relocation (double mastectomy as said by chiguy10). The main issue is that my skin is really really thin and pale (so that you can see the veins in particular in chest area and also stretch marks on the side of the breasts) so the scars are a major problem and results can be poor, painful...
So surgery is not really a first thought right now. Anyway I've a second check up visit with the surgeon without further costs to ask everything is in my mind.
Anyway I read your story and seen the pictures... really helpful, thanks for sharing.

Covetown, Bobby no problem about comments regarding losing weight, you are totally right. And I'm doing so, but mainly to be more healthy rather than reduce my breast size. Actually I tried that before without success as confirmed by my  doctor there was not decrease at all in my chest area despite general weight loss. So I gained weight again because it was easier to hide the gynecomastia... but now I don't want to do that anymore because I want to be healthier.

Thanks again and I'm happy to answer more questions in case.

hammer

Good luck with what ever you do! Lossing weight is very hard to do, keeping it off is even harder! Learning to live with the breast for me was no big deal, but I still need to lose the weight for the obvious reasons.

Stay with us here and let's us know how everything works out for you, you are among friends here!

Bob

Offline littes

• Posting Member
Thanks Bob!!!

Good luck with what ever you do! Lossing weight is very hard to do, keeping it off is even harder! Learning to live with the breast for me was no big deal, but I still need to lose the weight for the obvious reasons.

Stay with us here and let's us know how everything works out for you, you are among friends here!

Bob

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024