Author Topic: Gyno, pre and post photos + questions about healing!  (Read 5011 times)

Offline lallo

• Posting Member
Tomorrow it's been 2 weeks since operation and I'm removing my stitches !
For the first time today, I removed the dressings and took a look at the current "result" from the operation!

Looked good I think! My right nipple was not exactly as flat as my left, but ofc I this was minor minor differences.

Right now my nipples and the area around them were pretty numb.
I also feelt some "hardness" under the skin around the nipple, is this normal?

I've heard about scar tissue and that u should massage it away. When do I start this?
My surgeon told me to wear the compression vest 2 more weeks after I remove the stitches tomorrow.
If I need to wear it I wont be able to massage right?
Will the nipples become even flatter?
U cant see it in my photos but as I said the right nipple still had a very minor "tip".

The results are great but since I went through the surgery + pain and money I'm looking for as good results as possible.

Cheers!

hammer

I just want to tell you not to get all worked up about how things look anytime to soon as it will be awhile before you see final results. As for massage I can't answer that, but I can tell you patients at this time will be a must as you will need them.

Offline lallo

• Posting Member
Yesterday had my stitches removed and dressings changed.
I did my surgery abroad so I was not able to meet with my surgeon to get a "follow-up" on my recovery.
But a doctor who removed the stitches said it looked good.

I didn't really notice any swelling so far, just the numbness I talked about in my first post and the right nipple still sticking out just a couple of milimeters...

I dont really understand tho, cause I'm suppose to wear the compression garment 2 more weeks, when should I start the massage?

Offline royalflushness

• Posting Member
I feel hardness under where the incision is. I don't know if I should massage it or not? Its not bothering me at all so I'm just not going to touch it

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
What you are feeling is a "healing ridge."  It is perfectly normal and will slowly disappear over many months.  There is nothing to do for it.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline lallo

• Posting Member
What you are feeling is a "healing ridge."  It is perfectly normal and will slowly disappear over many months.  There is nothing to do for it.

Dr Jacobs

Thank you for your response Dr Jacobs!

So you wouldn't recommend neither massaging or cortisol injections at this time or in the near future?

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
What you are feeling is absolutely normal -- just relax and let your body heal itself -- no need to worry about it.  In some months, it will be hardly noticeable.

Dr Jacobs

Offline lallo

• Posting Member
What you are feeling is absolutely normal -- just relax and let your body heal itself -- no need to worry about it.  In some months, it will be hardly noticeable.

Dr Jacobs

Thank you Dr. Jacobs!

Offline lallo

• Posting Member
Ok now I'm freaking out.

I know u told me Dr Jacobs to just "chill" and let it heal.
But now it's starting to look like before the operation!

As u saw on the earlier photos, my results 2 weeks after operation were great!

Now, 5 weeks after op (first week without the compression vest) I noticed that these scar tissues are growing outwards somehow.
Now my right nipple (the one with most gyno before surgery) is starting to point outwards again.

What should I do? I'm getting very depressed over this since I put so much patience in the operation and also wearing the best 24/7 for 4 weeks.

Should I ask a doctor for a kenalog injection ?

Photos:

Help please!

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
This may be early scar tissue beginning to form.  Best to speak with your surgeon.

In my practice, this type of situation may occur and it is always swelling (ie water) plus some early scar tissue.  Kenalog injected at this time doesn't do much with the water.

Would see what your surgeon has to say.

Dr Jacobs

Offline xoxoxoxo

• Gold Member
Hey man just wanna know who did your surgery. Coz we both have the same case but your body is far better tho. My doctor told me he'll do skin reduction at the bottom of my chest so it wont look saggy after the excision. Did he removed skin as well? Ill have my surgery on august

Offline lallo

• Posting Member
This may be early scar tissue beginning to form.  Best to speak with your surgeon.

In my practice, this type of situation may occur and it is always swelling (ie water) plus some early scar tissue.  Kenalog injected at this time doesn't do much with the water.

Would see what your surgeon has to say.

Dr Jacobs

I called my surgeon today and he was suppose to look at the photos I sent him.

All he said for now was that I should massage the area a few times a day and that kenalog is not the answer right now. Maybe in 5 months if the massage and self-healing has not done the job.

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I would tend to agree with your surgeon.  Gentle, persistent massage often helps to mobilize the fluid contained in the area and help to make it smaller.  Massage doesn't do too much for scar tissue itself.  Given time and massage, I believe things will improve.  Kenalog can always be used down the road.

In essence, be patient!!!!

Dr Jacobs

Offline lallo

• Posting Member
I would tend to agree with your surgeon.  Gentle, persistent massage often helps to mobilize the fluid contained in the area and help to make it smaller.  Massage doesn't do too much for scar tissue itself.  Given time and massage, I believe things will improve.  Kenalog can always be used down the road.

In essence, be patient!!!!

Dr Jacobs

Ok I will massage the area now.
Starting training next week again.

If I'm not seeing better results after 6 months post op I will consider kenelog!

Thank you Dr Jacobs!

Offline lallo

• Posting Member
Hey man just wanna know who did your surgery. Coz we both have the same case but your body is far better tho. My doctor told me he'll do skin reduction at the bottom of my chest so it wont look saggy after the excision. Did he removed skin as well? Ill have my surgery on august

I did my surgery in Poland by a recommended gyno surgeon.

As far as I know, my surgeon did not remove any skin. The skin has tighten up pretty ok anyway I think.
As long as my results come back to the way it looked when I removed the stitches I'll be very pleased!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024