Author Topic: Gynecomastia confusion  (Read 1064 times)

Offline gerua01

• Posting Member
Hello, I am Gerua
I am 30 yr old 180 cm 92 kg guy(reduced from 120 in last 7 months) with lots of chest fat
I went to one of the best local hospitals, and met an endocrinologist to check for any hormonal imbalances, whether its fat or gland etc.
He inspected and told me that I have fat in my chest, and not gland, told me a couple of exercises. I was quite happy cause you know its fat, I can burn it.
Just to be sure,  I also consulted a plastic surgeon, same hospital, next day. He checked and told me that I have lost almost all fat from my chest and what I see is gland, which can be removed by excision. Told me I have bilateral gynecomastia
Later at the financial counter, I discussed cost which was around Rs 105000($1600)(surgery + medical equipment+2 day stay)
Given the experience & seniority of the plastic surgeon, I decided to go for the excision surgery, where a cut will be made around half of aerola and gland will be extracted.
Now comes the problem
I went to another plastic surgeon(yes I am skeptic), equally good, if not better, a visiting consultant in 3 separate hospitals including the one I visited
told me just after a couple of minutes of inspection that what I have here is fat, not gland and a suction assisted lipectomy will be performed.
Now I am confused as hell.
Both of them are local experts
Who should I listen to , what procedure should I go through.
What effects will I have if I choose the wrong procedure
The cost is 1/3 of the other procedure but thats not what I care about
I just want correct diagnosis and procedure
Is there an assured way to check whether I have fat or gland, you know xray or ultrasound etc
Please help
In the mean time I will go to other surgeons

Offline gerua01

• Posting Member
I went to another expert and he says I have both
May I ask, whats a VASER, he says he'll use this technology to remove excess fat

also no drains will be used,
I've read a lot, most surgeries have used drains, so how important are they

Any suggestions

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024