Author Topic: What is your favorite bra?  (Read 12674 times)

aboywithgirls

I have a couple of local boutiques that I frequently shop at. They know me and why I'm there. They even know my preferences in bras. I will even get phone calls from them on occasion telling me about a new bra or line of bras that they are carrying. I'm always treated very well. I usually even enjoy a glass of wine while shopping there.

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
  • If you gat um flunt um.
Mine is a front closure racer back bra,  I like the feel of the lace on my back and I like the closure in front so I can see what I am doing.   And I would love to enjoy a glass of wine with them but I do not think the store would approve.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 02:03:46 AM by Athena12@ »
If you got them flaunt them.  We all wear bras so wear what you like and to hell with the rest.

hammer

I like front closures too, but it's not easy to get them for my size😢

Offline chestyoldman

• Silver Member
Since I need to wear an extender to get the band and cup sizes to fit right I can't wear a front close bra, either, unless I can find some type of extender for them. I wear 38B to get the right cup size, but I need at least a 42 band size, and the cups on 42B bras just have more volume than I can fill. I don't mind, though, because I've learned to manage the back closures like a pro. :)

bikerbob

I have the same problem.  I need a 42" band but the cups on a 42B are too big and 42As are pretty much non existent.  I have had good luck with some different pullover type bras with XL bands and stretchy cups since I don't have a lot to support.  Also the lack of hooks and other hardware makes them hard to detect under clothing.  I will try a 38B with an extender one of these days.  I tried one of my wife's underwires out of curiosity but found that the wires pushed the sideboob into the cups and made them even more noticeable.  That said, my most comfortable bra is a Playtex Simply Sized with back closure in XL size but the cups are a bit wrinkly.  They seem to be growing at a glacial pace so I may grow into it.

Offline chestyoldman

• Silver Member
felix, Selection is another reason I "sister sized" into 38B. I just couldn't find anything in the A cups with large band sizes that had any style or very good color selection. I settled on underwire bras because for me they do a better job of supporting than anything else, and I don't mind if they add a small amount of projection.

bikerbob

I hear that.  I have a Coobie Comfort bra and a Rhonda Shear Ahh bra that I alternate between most of the time.  Both are "light nude" and completely unadorned but both can be had with embroidered cups or lace overlay and in some interesting colors.  Now that I am getting more comfortable with this whole bra thing, I might surprise myself and order something in electric blue or cabernet next time I need one.  Since we have to wear these things and most of the time I am the only person who is going to see it, might as well get something that looks cool.

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
I hear all of you and it looks like a common problem,  My band size is a 38 but I cannot find a 38 A that fits, there is just to much volume, so I wear a 36B.  I have order a 38A from target and I will pick it up the first of the week and then I will see if it fits,  If not back to the store.

Offline chestyoldman

• Silver Member
Athena12@, when I first started shopping for bras I did it all online. I came across www.herroom.com and found all sorts of information from how to measure, to how to solve issues like falling straps or bands that ride up. A few times I used the live chat feature and was helped very courteously. I just told the ladies up front that I have gynecomastia and need a bra and they never seemed to be put off by it at all. Now that I am comfortable with everything I have found that Bali underwire bras fit and feel the best, and I have found www.onehanesplace (One Hanes Place) to be a cheaper source for my bras than Herroom. Once you find a size and brand that you like don't forget to check out eBay. I have gotten some really great bras there cheap - the cheapest was $4 plus shipping! Some are brand new with tags, others don't have tags and still others are lightly used. It's a great source and you can even buy from sellers who offer returns.

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
Thanks Chesty!  I will give it a try when I get rid of a few of the bras I have now since I am Maxed out on bras according to my wife.  I have had several fitting at Dilliard's but they just seem to carry bras for a fully busted women so their selection isn't much help.  Their bras usually start at a full C or D cup  .And I can only hope I will grow into a C cup but I doubt it.

aboywithgirls

I hope you do find a bra that really fits. It's tough when you look for smaller or larger cups. I'm sized out from most stores in my area like Macy's and Penny's. Forget about walmart and target. I have a couple of local boutiques that I frequently shop at that do carry 36G/ H which I'm grateful for. As much as I don't like paying  $100 a piece for my bras, it still beats surgery. I do suppose that women that are my size have the same 2 choices. Either take care of the girls or get rid of them. For me, I'll keep my boobs.

hammer

I have the same problem as aboywithgirls has being an H cup size you just can't go anywhere and buy any style, so I have my boutique in St. Paul as my go to as well! It would be nice to be able to have more choices,  but it would also be a pain not to be able to find a good fitting bra!

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
Hammer you should be down here in the Tide water area.  I most store a C cup is as small as they go and the normally range up to GG and H bra sizes.  I am on the other end of the scope and can't find smaller sizes for love nor money.  I need a 38A and they and hens teeth have a lot in common so I wear a 36B.

hammer

Hammer you should be down here in the Tide water area.  I most store a C cup is as small as they go and the normally range up to GG and H bra sizes.  I am on the other end of the scope and can't find smaller sizes for love nor money.  I need a 38A and they and hens teeth have a lot in common so I wear a 36B.

That's were we are now blessed with the web! We can shop anywhere from our recliner once we find something that works!

I may once again be in your area. In a few years Debbie can pull the employment plug and we can hit the road. The East coast is in the plans! We've got the truck and the camper, just waiting to go!

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
Have any of you with full breast ever tried Dilliard's they start at a C cup and gping from there they go up.  I was there today and they had a great sale on (if you have a full C up or larger),  Needless to say I was out of luck but I saw many 38/40/42 band bras in G and H cups.  They cater to the larger cup and band sizes.  The only bras I have bought there are the right band size but have no cup size like a 38 leisure bra,  They fit just fine because they can except about any size breast. I know and like the women their and they know me but I am going to have to move elsewhere unless my boobs wake up and grow some more.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024