Author Topic: Possible to hide the fact you had surgery?  (Read 2273 times)

Offline skinnygyno

• Posting Member
I am 21 years old living at home with my parents and intend to have surgery for pubescent gyno as soon as possible. My parents are unaware that I have had gynecomastia since age 13. Although they may have noticed breast protrusion in clothing, I'm sure they thought it was nothing more than excess fat/soft chest muscles, despite me being in great shape. And I have no intention of revealing this to them now. They vehemently detest cosmetic surgery and I find myself unwilling to share the mental torment this condition has caused me. Perhaps that's my own emotional shortcoming. I will greatly appreciate any insight one has to offer but I do not wish to hear moral grievances about my decision to hide this from them.
All of this will be paid out of pocket and I will be having a friend drive me.
What I wish to know is: Will it be detectable that I had surgery? My surgeon is one of the featured doctors on this board and does not use drains. I plan to spend the first night post-op at my friend's house in case I am somewhat out of it, or in major pain.
After the first two days, how much will my movement be impaired, assuming all goes well? Will I be able to function normally, or will basic movement be strained? It's getting colder where I live so I can wear a hoodie over my compression vests.

Offline helpmemoobs

• Posting Member
I had my surgery (you can find my before/after pics by searching for my posts). I met people afterwards (in the summer, so I was wearing t-shirts) and I noticed their eyes went onto my body and they said stuff like "Oh, you've lost weight, etc". I feel like some people probably don't notice any difference, some probably think I just lost chest fat and some might suspect I had surgery. But to be completely honest, I don't care. I feel much more confident now and can wear whatever close I want, and I don't have to hunch over anymore or wear baggy clothes to hide the outline of my moobs. It's so liberating.

Offline thegynoman

• Posting Member
I am 21 years old living at home with my parents and intend to have surgery for pubescent gyno as soon as possible. My parents are unaware that I have had gynecomastia since age 13. Although they may have noticed breast protrusion in clothing, I'm sure they thought it was nothing more than excess fat/soft chest muscles, despite me being in great shape. And I have no intention of revealing this to them now. They vehemently detest cosmetic surgery and I find myself unwilling to share the mental torment this condition has caused me. Perhaps that's my own emotional shortcoming. I will greatly appreciate any insight one has to offer but I do not wish to hear moral grievances about my decision to hide this from them.
All of this will be paid out of pocket and I will be having a friend drive me.
What I wish to know is: Will it be detectable that I had surgery? My surgeon is one of the featured doctors on this board and does not use drains. I plan to spend the first night post-op at my friend's house in case I am somewhat out of it, or in major pain.
After the first two days, how much will my movement be impaired, assuming all goes well? Will I be able to function normally, or will basic movement be strained? It's getting colder where I live so I can wear a hoodie over my compression vests.

First 1 week, it will be difficult to do any kind of lifting, moving, difficulty while rotating arms, wearing and taking off shirts, taking out a tight plug out of a socket, opening a tight door bolt etc. I just gave you a few examples. 

This will gradually reduce within 1 month. In any case, you have to take a week off from work(unless you want to spoil your results) and will take rest at home for at least 5 days. At home you will be wearing the pressure garment 24X7. I think your family members will soon know about the surgery. Eyebrows will definitely be raised when they will find a healthy young man suddenly getting immobile. Yes, outsiders may suspect, may doubt, but nobody will ever know about surgery unless you take out your dresses in front of them. Just tell them you are unwell so can't run and move fast. Thats it. 

Offline Jgunzz

• Posting Member
I had done my first surgery long ago while living at home with my parents. Luckily, we're not so tight nit that we eat dinner together and things like that. I was able to hide it and they had no idea what was going on. I did spend most of my time in my room besides times when I wanted to go downstairs to eat. When I would get bored of my room, I would drive to a park or something and just chill out and do things in my car. The worst part is when your parents ask you to help them lift something or of that sort. You can tell them that you have a shoulder injury while working out and that it hurts too much right now. 

Offline joe7

• Posting Member
You might want to discuss it with them. I had mine done and hid it from them, and I now feel very guilty for not discussing it with them. I didn't think I'd feel like this at all pre-surgery.

Also, what if something goes wrong during the op, or the results aren't very good?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024