Author Topic: Had my consultation, Vaser lipo question  (Read 1592 times)

Offline snc

• Posting Member
Well i just had my consultation with a plastic surgeon well known locally for gynecomastia surgery. He checked me out and said i have alot of very loose and soft tissue and not much hard gland tissue. I feel gland behind my nipple but i dont really have anything to compare it to. He told me i am a perfect candidate for the vaser lipo and should take care of everything. 
He said 2 small incisions on each side, inject a bunch of fluid, vaser then lipo it out. I asked about left over gland and how it gets removed. He said in cases like mine there has never been an issue as most of it is broken up. I talked to him again as i was very concerned that lipo only wouldnt fix it. I was told that if there was any gland left over after the lipo that it would be removed if my chest wasnt flat in the end. He seemed very sure that it wouldnt be needed. I want to book this asap even though it cost so much but i want this gland out as well. Anyone had luck with this vaser lipo with it shrinking the glands enough that they dont need to be cut out?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Vaser is pulsed, ultrasonic lipo.  It works nicely on fat but it does not adequately treat solid gland (breast) tissue.  And it doesn't "break it up" either.

As for feeling for gland vs fat on your chest, even I have difficulty with that, even after thousands of exams and operations.  Sometimes fat feels firm and gland feels soft -- so trying to feel for what is there can be very misleading.  All gyne is comprised of fat and gland -- in varying ratios.  Sometimes lipo may be all that is needed -- but for most cases, lipo plus direct gland excision is required.

You may want to get a second opinion, just to be sure.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline snc

• Posting Member
Vaser is pulsed, ultrasonic lipo.  It works nicely on fat but it does not adequately treat solid gland (breast) tissue.  And it doesn't "break it up" either.

As for feeling for gland vs fat on your chest, even I have difficulty with that, even after thousands of exams and operations.  Sometimes fat feels firm and gland feels soft -- so trying to feel for what is there can be very misleading.  All gyne is comprised of fat and gland -- in varying ratios.  Sometimes lipo may be all that is needed -- but for most cases, lipo plus direct gland excision is required.

You may want to get a second opinion, just to be sure.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
I was suppose to have a consultation with a general surgeon as well but he was out of the office. The only other plastic surgeon that i know of is this same guys partner in the same office. I did talk to him again and he said any gland that is left over after will be cut out as long as taking it doesnt cause a crater or scooping of the chest

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024