Author Topic: How do I deal with minor gynecomastia?  (Read 1456 times)

Offline DanielDragon

https://imgur.com/a/GBvva (same pictures)

Hello everyone!

I've had these puffy nips and slight enlargement of the general area for about 5 years now.

It mostly bothers me when I take my shirt off or when I wear a single T-Shirt, Other than that I'm fortunate that it isn't too noticeable.

Now I can't get surgery for years to come as I'm a student.
(Would I need lipo as well as cutting the gland, its extremely expensive here in Japan)

But I want to hide my puffy nips while I wear a T-Shirt.

I've heard tape could lead to bad scars etc, I'm thinking of trying nipple band aids for like runners, Would this cause bad scars as well?

Also tell me what you think about how bad my gyne is.

Thanks!

Offline HairyKnockers

• Bronze Member
You don’t have bad gynecomastia, just very puffy nipples.  They would require having the glands removed because that is what is pushing out the nipples.  You may not even need lipo, there is almost no breast build up around the nipples.  I don’t really think it is all that noticeable to anyone other than someone with gynecomastia.   I bet you can spot a guy with boobs half a block away too, we all can because we know what we are looking at.  Frankly, unless they are really big no one else even notices.

If you want to hide them, sure try Band-Aids.  At one time I had to wear a fairly tight shirt and I wrapped my chest with an Ace Bandage.  It was uncomfortable, but my B cups were much less noticeable.

Offline DanielDragon

So with bandages on the nips I might not have bad scaring or what ever that people can potentially get with tape?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
First, any excess tissue on a male chest (including only puffy nipples) can be considered gynecomastia -- but that is just semantics.  The fact is that you do have puffy nipples, which is solely due to excess gland tissue beneath the areolas.

Taping them flat is a short term solution, merely masquerading the puffy nipples but doing nothing to cure the situation.  And continued taping inevitably irritates the skin (from the adhesive) and can lead to hyperpigmentation (dark skin) in the area.  I have seen hyperpigmentation last for years after discontinuing the use of bandaids, tape, etc.  Bottom line:  I would not recommend it.

Puffy nipples are best treated by an experienced gyne surgeon.  The operation can be tricky:  remove enough to flatten the nipples but not too much to create a crater deformity. Liposuction (without suction) is needed as well so that the skin can re-distribute and provide areolas which will lie flat and flush with the surrounding chest skin.

Best to take your time, do your research homework and find a surgeon in your area who can demonstrate the expertise to do your surgery properly.  You might even consider traveling for such expertise.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024