Author Topic: reborn  (Read 3340 times)

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
hey everyone,

so it feels like its been years since i last visited this board... although in reality i guess its only been a month or two..

anyway i'm just popping back in to say that i'm about 4 months post-op, and i have never felt so good about myself in my entire life.

having surgery has definitely been one of the best decisions i have ever made. at first (when i was post-op) i use to wake up in the morning and look in the mirror in disbelief, but now i have almost completely forgotten about the fact i ever had surgery... im just living life the way it was supposed to be lived in the first place.

no more waking up in the morning figuring out how to hide my chest... no more walking through the mall only to pick out clothes that will hide my body properly... now i can wear whatever i want... and i have never felt so confident... i have returned to my hardcore gym routine, have slimmed down about 15 pounds, and am putting on some significant muscle mass.

i dont slouch anymore, i stand up tall when im talking to people, and i cant wait for it to be summer again so i can go back to those white t-shirts

anyway, to anyone who is considering surgery... my advice is go for it!

Offline spaceface

• Posting Member
That's what we all like to hear.  That's awesome Congratulations
BTW who did your surgery?, and when did you notice the swelling go down?

Offline Boobs_wont_win

• Boobs who needs em!!!
huge congrats my man. im really pleased for you.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
a-man....

Good to hear from you Broh!

Glad to hear that life is good for you on the 'Other Side'.  :)

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Not the best advice if your assumption is that all surgeries will work out as well as yours did.

Good point Graham.... However, the risk of surgery and surgery results is a small price to pay to be Moob free... ;)
The chances of a surgery going wrong are purdy slim. I've been on this Site for almost a year now and from what I've seen, the success stories far outweigh the botch jobs...

John.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 05:32:04 PM by Bambu »

Offline markashleigh1979

• I've had my final operation :)
It is reading peoples accounts like this, that give me the strength to deal with my Gyne day to day. I have finaly saved enough money for surgery and will be flying out to poland in 7 weeks . I can't wait.

I am really pleased for you and i hope you have loads of fun buying them new white t-shirts....lol
I am the same, the fashion in the U.K is all these slim fit indie t-shirt but i cant wear one as i am to aware and self conciouse of my gyne :( .....i think what makes it worse is i am toned everywhere else...so it stands out more on me :( ....boo hoo.....lol
Bring on the surgery and the new t-shirts!!!!
I am sick of being the only plonker in my town who wears a jacket during the summer ;) .

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
Thanks for the kind words everyone... I would never have gone through with it if it wasn't for this board.

Nice to see some familiar faces.... glad you're still around helping people out Bambu...

And of course there is graham_ashe still being the eternal pessimist  :P

Also, as some have pointed out, we don't hear much from those who've had the surgery some time ago. We don't really know how they are 6 months to a year down the line. We can, of course, assume it worked out perfectly for them and use that data to say that surgery works out for the best most of the time.

I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic with your last sentence there, but I do think it's a good assumption. I think it's very safe to say that if someone had surgery and then dissapeared, chances are they are living a happy, gyne-free life. Perhaps some people just want to put the whole ordeal behind them.

In reality, the people who DO have problems post-surgery are the ones who come right back here to post about them.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2005, 08:12:35 AM by anonymous-man »

Offline W0109021

• Posting Member
a-man lets see some pics

and congratz nice to see you are so pleased
thanks for time and help all, true great board and honest and helpful advise here

Offline noshirt

• Silver Member
  • Surgery done on 5/20/04
i feel exactly the same way about not realizing you had gyno, glad your surgery went well

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024