Author Topic: Best Surgeon in the US?  (Read 899 times)

Offline letron

For the past three years I have been saving up literally every spare penny I can for this surgery and it has not been easy. I can travel anywhere in the US and I will pay what it takes. Who are usually regarded as the best Gyno surgeons in the US?

Thanks for the help!

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
There is no single best gyne surgeon in the US -- but there are a lot of really good experts in many parts of the country.  Some, perhaps, in your area.  But in particular, I would be skeptical of any surgeon who self-proclaims that he is the best in the US or the world.

This is elective surgery.  Don't rush into it.  Do your homework.  Look for a plastic surgeon who has demonstrated sufficient interest, enthusiasm and ability in performing gyne surgery -- as would be evidenced by many many before and after photos on his website, perhaps his participation on this forum, and his online reviews.  (But be aware that some online reviews can be deceiving!).  And then the most important:  an in-person evaluation by that surgeon.  Perhaps go to two or three consultations.  And then make your decision.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 08:13:57 AM by Dr. Elliot Jacobs »
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline MammaryMan

• Bronze Member
A physician's time is valuable, so on average, how long should a consultation be an what is a reasonable cost range?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
There is a huge range of fees for consults across the US.  Some consults are fairly straight forward and can take 15-20 minutes, give or take.  Sometimes patients have complicated medical histories, various medications and a long history of gynecomastia plus or minus possible prior gynecomastia surgery.  These consults can take much much longer.  

Bottom line, there is really no way to quantitate cost and time for an individual consultation.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024