Author Topic: Rogain  (Read 1547 times)

Offline RottonDane

• Posting Member
Will Rogain effect gyno?

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Rogain (Minoxidil) was originally developed to treat high blood pressure. It was found however that it can be used to stimulate hair growth in adult men and women with a certain type of baldness. The exact way that this medicine works is not known.
If you look at the list of potential side effects of this drug you will see that "Breast Tenderness" is listed.

Another hair loss treatment Propecia (Finasteride) has Breast enlargement and tenderness listed as potential side effects.  In fact there have been several posts on here with some men blaming their gyne on Propecia.

Wether there is a direct connection between Rogain and Gyne I couldn't say as I am not a doctor, but with breast tenderness listed as a potential side effect I would wonder what is happening inside the breast.  Are the oestrogen receptors affected or is the androgen/oestrogen hormonal balance affected.  I would certainly have alarm bells ringing and would want to find out.

So I would suggest you write to the manufacturers and ask them directly.

Good luck

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline RottonDane

• Posting Member
The manufacturer states that the ONLY side effect is mild iching in some people, however I dont know if I should trust that, as I have herd of things like heart murmur being affected.  Has anyone here used it with no gyne affects?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024