Author Topic: Anyone Truly 100% Happy with there Surgery  (Read 11798 times)

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
Jacob, are you ringing Levick with a view to havign some revision surgery, or merely to put some 'closure' on the whole op thing?...

Ive more or less decided nott o bother going back to him, after all he can't do anything about thte fact he's taken out too much (other than tell me it'll sort itself over time!....yes Im a cynic, but I know how professionals fob people off!)

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
Jacob, are you ringing Levick with a view to havign some revision surgery, or merely to put some 'closure' on the whole op thing?...

Ive more or less decided nott o bother going back to him, after all he can't do anything about thte fact he's taken out too much (other than tell me it'll sort itself over time!....yes Im a cynic, but I know how professionals fob people off!)

Yorkshireman, i havent seen any picture of you have had the op what 6 months ago ?  its a bit off to be saying he cant do anything for you when you may still have a lot of healing to do mate.

People really need to realise not to jump the gun here, im not 100% happy with my results but i know things are still changing and a lot has changed for me within the last month (8 months post op).  Ive been doing a lot of training both cardio and weights and my chest has built up reasonable well so far and ive dropped nearly 3 stone now. My chest is coming together thus far and im happy enough with the progress.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2005, 09:25:15 AM by RRB »
Surgery performed by Mr Paul Levick, 17/02/05. I am here to help.

Offline bohemian2

• Posting Member
  • gyne removed by Levick 2/11/05
Can I just say that of course it's more likely that the people who have either just had the op or have had bad experiences with their op who are going to post an answer to this question.

Guys with good experiences are likely (though there are thankfully exceptions) to lose interest in this forum and move on with their lives.

This is just to reassure visitors who are still thinking about having the op. I haven't got my plasters off (had op last Wednesday with Levick) but still think everyone should do it!

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
bohemian when do you have your plasters off? good luck and please let us know how it looks

Offline webster

• Silver Member
CONCERNING REVISIONS

2 posts up Bohemian wrote:
"Can I just say that of course it's more likely that the people who have either just had the op or have had bad experiences with their op who are going to post an answer to this question.

Guys with good experiences are likely (though there are thankfully exceptions) to lose interest in this forum and move on with their lives. "

There must be some truth to this, but I have been monitoring this Board since about March this year. I have followed many peoples posts who went throught very similar mental journeys: Realisation of their condition; discovery of what could be done; selection of PS; experience of surgery, ups and downs of recovery. Alot of people are good enough to keep posting throughout their journey:

I reckon the general outcome is most people seem not to be 100% happy with the surgical results even after a year but also they have an acceptance that they are much better off than pre-op and would not 'turn back the clock'.

At nearly 7 months post op I am in that place myself.
I am glad I had surgery. I feel better about myself and because I will now 'swim and gym' and I can see the benefits of dieting & I am 40lbs lighter than I was 7 months ago and much fitter. My waist size was 40"; now its 33". That would not have happened without the op.

But I am not 100% happy with the result.  I think I look like I still have gynecomastia, particularly on the LHS. I think more fat could have been taken out and also I probably suffered a significant haematoma post op on that side which has resulted in alot of scar tissue (closer post-op attention would be good for private PS work I think).

You see many people posting this sort of "70% happy" story. But many surgeons will do a revision for free - Mr Levick for one.
Is there anybody out there who has had a revision - how did it go in comparison with 1st op and did you move closer to 100% satisfaction?

Thanks for reading my long ramble.  Webster.

Offline IT100

• Gold Member
  • Gyne Removed by Levick 17/03/04
Stonecold.... Its true... I wouldn't say I have any probs at all with my chest. But if asked for a % I can't say 100% because I have a scar under each armpit and I don't think each side is exactly even.... But I have to stand in front of the mirror looking to see the imperfections, so its not a worry.... 95% happy is basically very very very happy. If you saw a film had 9.5 stars out of 10.... You would buy it huh?!

Ian

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member

Yorkshireman, i havent seen any picture of you have had the op what 6 months ago ?  its a bit off to be saying he cant do anything for you when you may still have a lot of healing to do mate.

The op was some 8 months ago now...I hear what you say about needing more time to heal, which I deffo agree with, BUT where he has clearly removed too much fat, causing indentation, I simply do not see how this could possibly be rectified...Its like a barber cutting off too much hair.....only hair grows back wheras fat will not grow back in that place !

Don't get me wrong, I am not unhappy with the OVERALL result....its just that the topic was whether or not anyone was 100% happy, so I have given my honest heartfelt answer...Im not slating levick, but on the flip side Im not shy to point out where he could have done better!

Offline bohemian2

• Posting Member
Hey there Stonecold thanks for asking about when the bandages are off.

Well, they are off! And if it just says the way it looks now I would be happy! I think I'm too thin and need to bulk up, etc. but the operation as far as i can see at the moment has been worth every penny and all the effort. I'm happy!

I mean at the moment one nipple seems to be flatter against my chest than the other but even if that stayed like that I wouldn't care. They just don't look like titties anymore.

Offline webster

• Silver Member
excellent news! now take it easy.... Webster

Offline bohemian2

• Posting Member
Thanks Webster. Yes most definitely planning on taking it easy...And let's see what the whole healing process will throw up at me.

I can hardly believe that they are gone :) Anyone out there still thinking about getting surgery done, DO IT.

Offline uk2000

• Why Meeee!!
ive just had my 3 rd surgery yesterday.  ive never been happy with my results.
the 1st surgery with grobellar in london, was horrbile, 1 side was left bigger, with lots of fat bulges and uneven contour.
2nd surgery was just a lipo revision with karidis, though it didnt really solve the problem.
3rd surgery yesterday was gland removal and lipo, hoewver im bit worried now looking at my chest that 1 side is much bigger than the other.  i told him my RHS was bigger than my LHS, thus to take out more glandout of my RHS.  im worried his done the opposite by mistake and taken it out of the LHS.  THough im hoping its swelling and me not being paranoid.

the thing is with surgery unless a doc takes their time and really gives a damn yr not going to get a brilliant result.  theres a difference between the docs that jsut think ok we gotta take gland out, and to those who think im going to do a good job when i do it.
July 04 - Gland removal + liposuction- Adriaan Grobbelaar. Results: Terrible
Feb 05 - Lipo Revision- Alex Karidis.
Nov 05 - Gland + Lipo- Alex Karidis.
Jun 06 - LHS gland + Lipo - Alex Karidis.

Offline bohemian2

• Posting Member
Can I just ask why you didn't consider going to Levick for any of the operations?

Offline randomtask

• Posting Member
Levick, 70% happy currently (but rises each month), £3655 + £80 consultation

Comments:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/cgi-bin/gyne_yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=8;action=display;num=1131548240;start=0#0

For those who are post op and worried about results, there is no point worrying about it until you are fully healed. Let me just clarify my opinion of fully healed, its not 6 months, not 10 months, not 12 months, fully healed is when you have all the sensation back in your chest and nipples as it was pre op, I anticipate this to be 18-24 months post op. I am 9 months post op and some people would consider this the final result but my chest still improves with each month.

Offline uk2000

• Why Meeee!!
well i didnt go to levick, cos i thought these london surgeons were just as good.  but more than anything its more important to choose the correct surgeon, which is the mistake i made it the first place.

Offline jimd

• Posting Member
Well, I'm almost 12 months post op with Levick and I'd say I'm 80% happy.

But I'd agree with randomtask, I still think there's some healing to do. My LHS was noticeaby bigger to the RHS but responded well to injections 2 months ago.

I can still feel hard tissue in both sides and it feels a bit painful if I massage it. I assume that over time (months,years) this will gradually get less and less and the overall result will improve.

Anymore 12mth+ post op. people got a view on this.

Levick said it took him about 3 years until everything was 100% healed.

Jimd

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024